• 9(current)
Copy some specific skipping navigation feature options from MediaPortal?
Hitcher Wrote:Works perfectly -
Thanks.

Just out of curiosity what did you use as the visible condition to display it? and did you try FF RW to see if it also shows (when it shouldn't)
Jezz_X Wrote:Just out of curiosity what did you use as the visible condition to display it? and did you try FF RW to see if it also shows (when it shouldn't)

I didn't check FF/RW but have fixed that now with the following -

PHP Code:
<control type="label" id="0">
    <include>
OSD_Player_Labels</include>
    <
label>$LOCALIZE[773$INFO[Player.SeekOffset]</label>
    <
visible>Player.DisplayAfterSeek + ![player.forwarding player.rewinding]</visible>
</
control

And I also changed the PLAYING label -

PHP Code:
<control type="label" id="0">
    <include>
OSD_Player_Labels</include>
    <
label>$LOCALIZE[40244]</label>
    <
visible>Player.Playing + !Player.DisplayAfterSeek</visible>
</
control
yeah thats basically what I was using too but I was kind of hoping that after I gave jmarshall the hint that "Player.DisplayAfterSeek" should do what it says and only display After Seek then FF and RW wouldn't be an issue at all thats why we have "Player.Seeking" it would seem both do exactly the same thing
I tried using Player.Seeking but that seems to be true even when playing.
Thanks, Player.DisplayAfterSeek works great.Nod

I choose to show only <info>Player.SeekOffset</info> (miniMeedia style Smile)
This way you don't have to hide while rw/fw.

btw. $LOCALIZE[773] = seeking...but the dutch translation is uitpakken Eek not good !!
The right dutch tranlation would be $LOCALIZE[137]
Same goes for German.
Hi,
just wanted to share my experiences / use case.
Although I have a long time experience with MP I am open to how XBMC does things, so far I am loving it, except for the skipping part.
It works okay when in a (compressed) movie, press once, seeking + 30 seconds, press another time, seeking another 30 seconds... so far so good.

My specific use case is when watching a movie that is being recorded while viewing (tvheadend in my case: in Mpeg2 format appr. 3,5GB per recorded hour) over a 'slow' network connection (so the file is not local).
seeking and buffering takes appr. 20 seconds, so skipping 8 minutes over a commercial (that isn't flagged because the recording is still in progress) is absolutely not workable. I end up 'frustrated' and watch the movie the day after ;(
The MP way is that it does not seek and buffer for every keypress, but that you can just click to +8 minutes (in my example) and it will seek / buffer only once.

I am feeling that TV integration / timeshifting etc. will be the next 'big' thing in XBMC so there will be some additional use cases that will make some functionality viable for revising...

Any way, as stated, just love XBMC (with the PVR-Testing2 tvheadend integration) and look forward to working with this patch.

regards,
Ruud.
TV server: ClearOS 5.2, HTS Tvheadend git-0664329, IPTV
XBMC Clients (2): Jetway J7F3E Mini-ITX, AMD Geode NX1750, 1GB, Custom Build Case, 2,5" SATA 120GB, GeForce 8500GT (PCI) 256MB, NEC Slot-in DVD, 7" touch screen, 40" Samsung LED (VGA), ATI Remote Wonder (I)
(OS) Environment Clients: Ubuntu Server 10.04, XBMC 11.0 BETA 3, TVHeadend plugin enabled, Skin Confluenza
I'm using XBMC Dharma beta 3 on windows 7 x64 with EventGhost and am very happy with both. However, I have one issue which I have not been able to overcome.

I know you can skip forward and backwards which by default does 30secs forward and 10seconds back and that this can be configured. Is there anyway that with repeated presses of the button the amount of time skipped forwards or backwards can be increased? For example, with once press it skips 30secs, 2 presses 1min, 3 presses 3min and so on.

It is very frustrating when having to skip backwards in particular. I know you can do this with media portal and media center but was wondering if there was anyway with eventghost/xbmc.

Thanks.
So what is the resolution to this problem? I am using dharma beta 3 and the repeated skipping doesn't work.
So that seekoffset thing is just a way to show normal xbmc skipping behaviour on screen?

What about the MP style skip-steps? Earlier in the thread, work was being done implementing them by somebody? What is the status of that/Is that still being developed?

I'd be willing to donate 3 whole bucks to see MP style skip steps implemented!
The skin dissplays the seek forward and backward on screen after a skip press. According to this thread something was implemented but it doesn't work on my setup.
Has there been a resolution to this issue?
andyking30 Wrote:Has there been a resolution to this issue?

No. =(

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Copy some specific skipping navigation feature options from MediaPortal?0