RFC - Change the video scanning order from Movies then TV, to TV then Movies
So for years I have been frustrated with Kodi's insistence on scanning movies before TV shows.  With a large library, this can mean quite some delay before the TV show scanning stage is reached...and, for me anyway, I have TV shows incoming a lot more often than movies. 

I am no C++ coder, but I think I can handle this much & potentially scratch my own itch here.  I'd really like to change the order here to do TV shows first.... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/7a043e...e.cpp#L585

...but I imagine a lot of folks will prefer the status quo.  Would an advanced setting for this be appropriate maybe?  Or are there ideas for better solutions that a really novice C++ coder could attempt?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Personally, I would rather prefer separate scan options, for movies only and tv shows apart.

There is also a movielinktvshow table in the video database but I don't know when/where that would be a showstopper. My current movie/tv collection has zero records in that table.
I think it scans folders alphabetically so you could simply rename your TV show folder to put it first.

EDIT: Is it now possible to change the order of library scanning - TV *first*, then movies
Yes - although I'd forgotten most of that thread, LOL - I did write the add on a while back, and did a bunch of skin changes for it on my personal fork of Confluence, but there were all sort of issues that cropped up, I never for it working the way I wanted...hence never releasing it (https://github.com/bossanova808/script.c...ibraryscan)

I suppose I should just bite the bullet and rename my folders alphabetically but that will mess with all sorts of existing things I have set up too.  I can't see where it sorts in that code though, so I am surprised that works. 

Just one of those niggles!

To move to separate scans for each type, generally, would be a bigger change though....but I agree  that would be useful.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I guess this must when using Update Library from side menu, but if you want to limit the update to TV Shows only then why don't you do a Scan for new content on the TV Show source in Files.
I have a vague memory (from many years ago) that there were built-in commands to invoke a scan of just the TV Shows folders or just the Movies folders.  I don't think they were ever exposed in the default skin or settings but maybe it was another skin at the time Huh that allowed setting custom commands to, e.g. the shutdown menu, which would be some version of UpdateLibrary(video,,true)...

... or maybe it's just a false memory... 🤷‍♂️
𝕓'𝕤𝕜𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕚
KODI v20 'Nexus' with SKIN Arctic Horizon
NAS Synology DiskStation DS212j with PVR TVheadend
HTPC Intel NUC5i5RYH with OS Windows 10

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RFC - Change the video scanning order from Movies then TV, to TV then Movies0