Launch an app from Kodi on PC
I'm sorry to ask this question here and now but I cannot find any thread about this. I'm looking for more than one hour how I can use Kodi as a simple application launcher. I can add the application manually to the menu or any menu. It can be a script. If I can launch a batch file, this batch file can launch all application I want. I'm on PC, Windows 10. I know there is a add-on Advanced Launcher but it seems this addon is dead for many year. I'm also very surprised this feature is not in one of the official feature of Kodi.

I would like to be able to start Netflix, a Website and Steam from Kodi. I don't want to use a specific add-on. I know there are add-on for Steam and Netflix but I would like to have to maintain one common solution. I repeat, I just need to be able to launch the executable from Kodi. The rest, I can manage. In fact I have a background system that can do all the stuff for me. I just need to be able to launch an basic exe. I can code all the rest.

I don't want to use a specific add-on because it is hard to maintain and, I repeat, I have a better solution by using a kind of agent on background that can do all the stuff for me. I just need the trigger from Kodi. What can I do?
(2021-08-21, 06:38)DranDane Wrote: I'm sorry to ask this question here and now but I cannot find any thread about this. I'm looking for more than one hour how I can use Kodi as a simple application launcher. I can add the application manually to the menu or any menu. It can be a script. If I can launch a batch file, this batch file can launch all application I want. I'm on PC, Windows 10. I know there is a add-on Advanced Launcher but it seems this addon is dead for many year. I'm also very surprised this feature is not in one of the official feature of Kodi.

I would like to be able to start Netflix, a Website and Steam from Kodi. I don't want to use a specific add-on. I know there are add-on for Steam and Netflix but I would like to have to maintain one common solution. I repeat, I just need to be able to launch the executable from Kodi. The rest, I can manage. In fact I have a background system that can do all the stuff for me. I just need to be able to launch an basic exe. I can code all the rest.

I don't want to use a specific add-on because it is hard to maintain and, I repeat, I have a better solution by using a kind of agent on background that can do all the stuff for me. I just need the trigger from Kodi. What can I do?

You can use Advanced Emulator Launcher, which is an upgraded replacement for Advanced Launcher.

Kodi relies in plugins or addons to provide many of its functionality. This is a by design feature.

If AEL is too complex for you, you can code your own Python addon with all the paths hard coded, probably you can do what you want with about 50 lines of Python code or less.
(2021-08-27, 09:17)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-08-21, 06:38)DranDane Wrote: I'm sorry to ask this question here and now but I cannot find any thread about this. I'm looking for more than one hour how I can use Kodi as a simple application launcher. I can add the application manually to the menu or any menu. It can be a script. If I can launch a batch file, this batch file can launch all application I want. I'm on PC, Windows 10. I know there is a add-on Advanced Launcher but it seems this addon is dead for many year. I'm also very surprised this feature is not in one of the official feature of Kodi.

You can use Advanced Emulator Launcher, which is an upgraded replacement for Advanced Launcher.

Kodi relies in plugins or addons to provide many of its functionality. This is a by design feature.

If AEL is too complex for you, you can code your own Python addon with all the paths hard coded, probably you can do what you want with about 50 lines of Python code or less.
Is there a guide somewhere for doing this with AEL?
I want to launch Hyperspin externally and then attach it as a shortcut to the main menu bar? I've been holding off on upgrading to Matrix because of this (and a few other reasons), not being able to use hyperspin in tandem with Kodi is a HARD "NO" on my upgrading to Matrix. If this has since changed, I'll climb the mountain of doing so
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 
(2021-09-01, 15:31)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Is there a guide somewhere for doing this with AEL?
I want to launch Hyperspin externally and then attach it as a shortcut to the main menu bar? I've been holding off on upgrading to Matrix because of this (and a few other reasons), not being able to use hyperspin in tandem with Kodi is a HARD "NO" on my upgrading to Matrix. If this has since changed, I'll climb the mountain of doing so

Currently AEL does not have great documentation. However, it is not difficult to use at all. Go to AEL thread in this forum (you have the link in my signature) and read the first post. Creating a standalone launcher is quite simple, just need to know how to use the context menus. If you have a more specific question please ask in the AEL thread.
(2021-09-15, 07:06)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2021-09-01, 15:31)Shredder_guitar Wrote: Is there a guide somewhere for doing this with AEL?

Currently AEL does not have great documentation. However, it is not difficult to use at all. Go to AEL thread in this forum (you have the link in my signature) and read the first post. Creating a standalone launcher is quite simple, just need to know how to use the context menus. If you have a more specific question please ask in the AEL thread.

Thank you
Kodi ver.19.1  Aeon MQ 8 Matrix Mod Windows 10 

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Launch an app from Kodi on PC0