Solved Incorrect artwork display for TV Shows
Recently my TV Shows started using the Banner art rather than Poster art alongside the show name in the TV Show listing.  Changing the poster art via Manage/Refresh Art does not help.  If I set the Banner to "No Art" I see the poster.

I am using the Rapier 12.3.0 skin.  The only recent change I have made was to install the Metadata Editor.  I can actually do without banners if I have to but I don't fancy going through 529 shows doing each one individually.

The scraper is thetvdb.com which shows up in the .nfo file as the art source.  I did pull up a couple of the url's and they seem to be pointing at the right thing.

As I said, movies are fine but they are scraped from TheMovieDatabase or some such

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
(2021-08-22, 18:02)leng Wrote: Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Delete one of the problem shows from your library. Then create a Debug Log which captures you scraping it into the library. Provide the link to the Debug Log at Kodi Paste Site

If you are using nfo files also copy the contents of tvshow.nfo to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-22, 21:22)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-22, 18:02)leng Wrote: Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Delete one of the problem shows from your library. Then create a Debug Log which captures you scraping it into the library. Provide the link to the Debug Log at Kodi Paste Site

If you are using nfo files also copy the contents of tvshow.nfo to Kodi Paste Site and provide the link.
Thanks for the prompt reply.
I disabled media editor (just in case it was involved) restarted kodi and followed your instructions.  I actually used a new show which I had not previously installed in kodi.  The results were identical - the banner is being used to display on the TV Show listing even though there is a poster available (I checked after capturing the log).

The log is at here
@leng

Could you post a screenshot of the problem. I can see something unusual in the log, and I want to match it up with what you see on your screen... https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/L...hot_folder

I suspect there has been a change at TVDB for their upcoming v4 release... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3054734

Button 14 or 18 to upload images
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

@Karellen
OK, I hope this is what you want Smile
What happens in Estuary?
(2021-08-23, 11:44)Hitcher Wrote: What happens in Estuary?

Good thinking batman!  Estuary displays the TV Show banners correctly. 
Unfortunately it does not support custom menu items.
@Karellen
Given that the problem does not appear on the default skin (I should have thought of that) should I repost in the Rapier section of the skins support forum?

Thanks,
Leng
(2021-08-23, 20:31)leng Wrote: should I repost in the Rapier section of the skins support forum?
No, I'll move this entire thread down to the Rapier section.
My Signature
(2021-08-23, 20:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-08-23, 20:31)leng Wrote: should I repost in the Rapier section of the skins support forum?
No, I'll move this entire thread down to the Rapier section.

@Karellen
Thanks for your help
@leng
Thanks for posting this and thanks guys for helping out.

This could be a really easy fix:
Go to Skin settings > Media > TV Shows >
Enable "Use poster layout"

That should be it.
(2021-08-26, 14:07)Gade Wrote: @leng
Thanks for posting this and thanks guys for helping out.

This could be a really easy fix:
Go to Skin settings > Media > TV Shows >
Enable "Use poster layout"

That should be it.

@Gade 
Thanks very much - it is easy when you know how.  I only switched to Rapier recently and I had no idea that setting existed but it does what I wanted.
No problem at all. Wink
I recommend reading the wiki for tips and info: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier

I'll mark this thread as solved.
(2021-08-28, 18:18)Gade Wrote: No problem at all. Wink
I recommend reading the wiki for tips and info: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier

I'll mark this thread as solved.
@Gade 
Read the manual - always good advice.  When I first started working with computers, more years ago than I care to remember, I opened a box containing a word-processor.  Yup, in those days software came on floppy disks, in a box, with a printed manual.  And the first page had embazoned in bold letters
If all else fails, read the manual.
Not reading the manual is usually the cause of all else failing.

I have never forgotten that advice ... and virtually never obeyed it.

Anyway, thanks.  I will poke through the Rapier wiki pages before I start on my project to add new menu items and render genre's useful.
Hahaha, oh yeah I remember those floppy discs. Big Grin

Please let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Incorrect artwork display for TV Shows0