(Help) Finishing my view
If any one could please have a look at my post here and offer any help on the two problems would be really appreciated as I've Google loads and found no solution.

Kodi post

Thanks
(2021-08-22, 22:37)tillaz87 Wrote: If any one could please have a look at my post here and offer any help

Bumping your own thread or post within minutes by opening a new & separate thread, while the original thread/post on a totally different topic was basically hijacked... That is not how forums work. Certainly not this forum.

If you have an unrelated Kodi problem, create a new thread in the appropriate forum section. "Skinning" is not nearly the same as a "Emulator Launcher".
(2021-08-23, 00:29)Klojum Wrote:
(2021-08-22, 22:37)tillaz87 Wrote: If any one could please have a look at my post here and offer any help

Bumping your own thread or post within minutes by opening a new & separate thread, while the original thread/post on a totally different topic was basically hijacked... That is not how forums work. Certainly not this forum.

If you have an unrelated Kodi problem, create a new thread in the appropriate forum section. "Skinning" is not nearly the same as a "Emulator Launcher".

The skin I'm modding is for AEL a Kodi add-on.
My questions are about skinning. and the skin has added support (views) for AEL so I'm not sure what I've done wrong?

Can you answer my questions?

Can an animation be started by a button press for example button X on gamepad?

Can an animation be started when a container item is selected?

Thanks.
What about when a GUI sound plays? Can this somehow be used as a condition to trigger and animation

For example?

xml :

<action>
<name>select</name>
<file>Select.wav</file>
</action>
Ok so using "!Player.Muted" works for triggering the box back animation (slides in place of boxfront) volume is controlled by moving the right analog stick on controlers.

So moving it up starts the animation and moving it down slides it back out of view. Probably as close as I will get it without more knowledgeable input.

Just need to find out how I can trigger an animation when the container item is selected so I can fade all assets out of view so full screen fanart is only visible giving an effect of the games splash screen while the game starts.
Any help at all would be appreciated?
As you probably know by now (provided you have read the skinning manual) I think there's no direct way to achieve that. That's not to say it's impossible to achieve, that's the good thing about the skinning engine, many times you get some effects using some clever ideas, that some call "hacks". In your case, you maybe could try "hacking" the file DialogBusy.xml, that's the one is called when the system is busy loading a movie, song, etc. You could use some combination of conditions, such as String.IsEqual(Container.Viewmode,xxxxxxxxxx) to trigger the effects you want. Not sure if it would work, though...

Don't give up!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-08-25, 22:45)manfeed Wrote: As you probably know by now (provided you have read the skinning manual) I think there's no direct way to achieve that. That's not to say it's impossible to achieve, that's the good thing about the skinning engine, many times you get some effects using some clever ideas, that some call "hacks". In your case, you maybe could try "hacking" the file DialogBusy.xml, that's the one is called when the system is busy loading a movie, song, etc. You could use some combination of conditions, such as String.IsEqual(Container.Viewmode,xxxxxxxxxx) to trigger the effects you want. Not sure if it would work, though...

Don't give up!

Thank you for the reply. Is there any chance you could give me a code example on how to use this I'm totally new to Kodi skinning. I've just been looking at code in skins and picking up on how stuff has been done
No, sorry, I only wanted to give you some hint in case you wanted to try, but that would be quite complex anyway and most likely won't even work the way you want. Maybe someone else knows a better method...
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
(2021-08-26, 00:51)manfeed Wrote: No, sorry, I only wanted to give you some hint in case you wanted to try, but that would be quite complex anyway and most likely won't even work the way you want. Maybe someone else knows a better method...

AEl sends a notification when a game is selected is there anyway I can use

Window.IsVisible(window)

To trigger the animation? I'm not sure if notification are windows or what is called though.
So I've managed to start the animation when a game is selected by using "Player.Playing" as a condition.

XML:

<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,-600" time="600" condition="Player.Playing">Conditional</animation>

<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,600" delay="10000" time="600" condition="Player.Playing">Conditional</animation>

But now I have a problem of it only working once after the first time it won't work again?

My second problem, as the animation is just using a delay to bring it back I need a way to interrupt the animation and bring it back by pressing the back button should a game be left to early. Like maybe refresh the skin on back press?

video of view

Please see video any help would be great.
Ah yeah ignore the pop up error in video I'm doing this all on my phone so just using dummy game files to load all the assets
Is it possible to have a condition for a specific notification? Like a string in the notification?
(2021-08-24, 18:17)tillaz87 Wrote: What about when a GUI sound plays? Can this somehow be used as a condition to trigger and animation

For example?

xml :

<action>
<name>select</name>
<file>Select.wav</file>
</action>

Like for example with this idea, I was wanting to make a GUI sounds pack then was thinking if "select" had a sound I could use Player.HasAudio?

Only problem is Ive tried some giu sound add-ons and they only work for the back button? Even though I can see it has a sound for select?

Do these have to be included in the view to work? I can't find anything in the wiki about GUI sounds

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
(Help) Finishing my view0