v19 "Skin Widget" Error after upgrade to Kodi 19.1
Hi,

I receive a "Skin Widget" error (Kodi 19.1, Amber 3.4.26) when I login on my second profile (first profile don't give me this error)

ERROR <general>: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppExceptEion) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <class 'AttributeError'>
Error Contents: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'abortRequested'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 804, in <module>
Main()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 67, in __init__
self._fetch_info_randomitems()
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 140, in _fetch_info_randomitems
self._fetch_movies('RandomMovie')
File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/service.skin.widgets/default.py", line 166, in _fetch_movies
if not xbmc.abortRequested:
AttributeError: module 'xbmc' has no attribute 'abortRequested'
-->End of Python script error report<--

Any ideas what can be the cause of this issue?

best regards,

Sarge
(2021-08-23, 15:47)mr.sarge1 Wrote: Any ideas what can be the cause of this issue?
@mr.sarge1 , you need an updated version of this addon.  User @scott967 kindly has updated this addon for Python 3 (Kodi Matrix); you can get it here: https://github.com/scott967/service.skin...ython3.zip.  Unpack this zip file to a location of your choice, remove the "-python3" from the end of the folder name of the unpacked addon, and then you can overwrite your current version.  
Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Hello Bart,

thanks a lot for the info, just installed the addon and the error is gone!

I've only a little "problem" with my second profile: the logoff takes long time (about 30sec) instead of the main profile (only 2sec). Is this a normal behavior?

kind regards,

Sarge
(2021-08-24, 09:21)mr.sarge1 Wrote: Hello Bart,

thanks a lot for the info, just installed the addon and the error is gone!

I've only a little "problem" with my second profile: the logoff takes long time (about 30sec) instead of the main profile (only 2sec). Is this a normal behavior?

kind regards,

Sarge
@mr.sarge1, I experience the same issue, so for me it is normal.  Have you tried switching to another skin that uses skinshortcuts, like Aeon Nox Silvo or  Arctic Horizon and see if the behavior is different?

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-08-24, 13:01)bsoriano Wrote: Have you tried switching to another skin that uses skinshortcuts, like Aeon Nox Silvo or  Arctic Horizon and see if the behavior is different?

@bsoriano , not yet but Aeon Nox Silvo looks very nice so I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Skin Widget" Error after upgrade to Kodi 19.10