Naming Convention for movie extras
Top Gun (1986) comes with special features like The Making Of, Survival Training, etc.
How do you name these? Thanks.
(2021-08-24, 01:13)McCordRM Wrote: How do you name these? Thanks.
Most users install one of the Extras addons and access the extras from the Context Menu. It won't matter how they are named as long as they are setup correctly. See...Extras (wiki)

If you want them visible in your library like a movie (most people don't) then you will need to create NFO files (wiki) to scan them in.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-08-24, 01:23)Karellen Wrote: If you want them visible in your library like a movie (most people don't) then you will need to create NFO files (wiki) to scan them in.
The reason people don't want them scanned is because they are treated as separate entities lacking connection to the main movie. If there was a way to link them automatically in database using information from metadata site like IMDb Connections then they could all be neatly listed under Information Page entry and maybe hidden from other places. I know easier said then done.
Gonna hijack this thread a litte... I have many movies with extras and I use the 'extras' addon. Everything works well but is there anyway have Kodi identify movies that have an extras folder without me going into the context menu and clicking extras? Since there is no way I can remember every movie I have that has extras. It would be cool if some kind of logo was superimposed over the poster artwork when scanning through the library that indicates that the movie contains extras. Just like a tiny E in the corner for example.
@huttdes

Best to post in the Extras thread, otherwise the developer won't see your comments here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen 

Ok, will do. Was just casually browsing and saw this thread so figured I'd ask. I'll post in official thread.
I'll chime in as this is a desirable feature that I would appreciate.
[mod edit] Might get wider acceptance if posted in the feature request forum, moving.
Some kind of logo superimposed over the poster artwork would be nice. Currently, I use Ember Media Manager to add a "+" to the end of the film's title, so I can see it when scrolling through films. I also tag the films with "Extras" and/or "Audio Extras" (for films with commentaries etc.), so I can filter them.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Naming Convention for movie extras0