Is there a way to click an album then have it show Disc 1, Disc2?
Is there a way (or will there ever be a way) to click an album then have it show Disc 1, Disc2, Disc3 then click the disc number to view songs on that disc?
I use Yatse remote to browse and play music on Kodi, if the above is not possible on kodi do you think it could be implemented in apps like Yatse?

I know you can set disc number so kodi shows all tracks from all CD's together but if I only want to play Disc 3 I have to que each track one by one unless I split the album by adding disc number to album name.

Thanks.
(2021-08-24, 15:05)mazerti Wrote: Is there a way (or will there ever be a way) to click an album then have it show Disc 1, Disc2, Disc3 then click the disc number to view songs on that 
Yes, there is.
You need to tag each album disc with the correct disc number. Once this is done, place everything into a single album folder.
As an example my Black Eyed Peas Greatest Hits album has 2 discs.
I tagged each of the tracks on both discs using mp3tag, then put all tracks for both discs into a single album folder called 'Greatest Hits'.
In Kodi, once scraped this appears as one album in the music view, but when you click on it, disc 1 and disc 2 are displayed as individual albums, allowing you to play tracks from each disc.
Most likely, there are others ways to do this, but this is how I do it and it works just fine for me. 
Hope this helps.
Cheers
I'm sure that from kodi 19 multi disc separation is working. If your music is tagged correctly kodi will separate them by disc now.
I'm sure daveblake or blackeagle who have been saviours in the music department will give you a more detailed explanation. ImageImage
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
@leepenny 
So you can actually show the individual discart as well?
Looks pretty cool. How should they be labelled (Discart1, Discart2, etc)
Cheers
In most skins I use thumb1 thumb2 to view it ordinarily thumb1 thumb2 is for the front covers of individual discs. I know that the skin amber has just implemented an option to use discart for music compilations.
Check out my Fanart.tv stuff!
...........I also accept disc requests if image not on fanart.tv database !!!!
(2021-08-24, 17:49)Dumyat Wrote: Looks pretty cool. How should they be labelled (Discart1, Discart2, etc)

Yes.  See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2927644 for more detail.  You can ignore the AS.xml stuff though, that isn't needed any more.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Oh, there is also this post from last year that may inspire those with skinning skills. It's just an example of how it's possible to create an entirely new type of art (booklet in the case of that post), and have Kodi be able to display it.
Oh nice!, so this only works on V19?
I'm using 18.9 on both my Kodi boxes so that's probably why it's lumping all tracks together.
(2021-08-25, 14:53)mazerti Wrote: Oh nice!, so this only works on V19?

Yes, this was a new feature addition for v19, along with various other improvements and fixes.
(2021-08-25, 15:04)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-08-25, 14:53)mazerti Wrote: Oh nice!, so this only works on V19?

Yes, this was a new feature addition for v19, along with various other improvements and fixes.

I tested V19 and it works on Kodi but not on Yatse and the developer said it would be quite complex to implement so no plans to add it which is a shame but understandable.
Can still use file mode to play separate discs though.
(2021-09-06, 12:48)mazerti Wrote: I tested V19 and it works on Kodi but not on Yatse and the developer said it would be quite complex to implement so no plans to add it which is a shame but understandable.

Yeah, it is a GUI thing really. I would have thought the JSONrpc would have supplied enough info for it not to be too difficult to implement, but it would seem that that's not the case.
(2021-09-06, 12:48)mazerti Wrote: I tested V19 and it works on Kodi but not on Yatse and the developer said it would be quite complex to implement so no plans to add it which is a shame but understandable.
Can still use file mode to play separate discs though.
No surprize that adding an optional discs "layer"/tab (?) to the Yatse UI is not a trivial change. It is not about getting the data from the JSON API, because it clearly already does that, but carving out new screens and optional navigation etc. using that data.

What Yatse does have (and other remotes not) is smart filtering, a feature I use that all the time. While looking inside an album that is a set of discs, seeing the songs, you can filter and pick a disc number which will then just show these songs and from there you can add only those to the queue etc. That does not show you a list of discs and covers, but it does make it easy just to play a limited number of discs from a large set. Perhaps that is helpful to you @mazerti maybe check out the smart filtering?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a way to click an album then have it show Disc 1, Disc2?0