Playing DVD unencrypted ISOs with kodi on Win10 (last OK version was 18.y)
Video 
Hi All,

First of all, THANK you for kodi. It's been a monumental tool to exploit our digital library on all of the home devices we have.

Now about the issue I'm experiencing on 19.1..
We have a huge Digital Library (16Tb) made of thousands of DVD ISOs and HD MKVs.
Kodi is installed on most of the family devices, a mixture of Fedora 33 Linux systems and of Windows 10 20H2 boxes and points to our NAS.

DVD ISOs have played well with Kodi for years and in case I forgot to AnyDVD/decrypt some ISO's, I've always recompiled kodi with dvdcss enabled on Linux.
For the Windows 10 endpoints, I always used the pre-made Kodi Win builds. This has worked fine for years but with Kodi 19.y, DVD ISO playing has been problematic on Windows.
One can select a movie and then the kodi wheel spins almost forever and the movie never starts.

Interestingly, I was able to reproduce the issue on kodi 19.1 on Linux and I fixed it by re-compiling the source rpm with dvdcss enabled. Unfortunately, I do know anything about Building software on Windows so I cannot try to see if enabling dvdcss fixes the issue on Win10.
Again, most (if not all) of our DVD ISOs are pre-decrypted but they retain the DVD ISO format and structure so we can keep the extras.

On the Windows 10 laptops, I've reverted to kodi 18.5, which fixes the DVD ISO playing problem..

Are there any builds of kodi available for Windows with dvdcss enabled?

Thank you,
Vincent

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing DVD unencrypted ISOs with kodi on Win10 (last OK version was 18.y)0