Solved Rapier and sub-folder
I am getting closer it seems..  I have the playlist now linked to the new category and everything is good there.  The only thing I see now is all my sons movies appear in the main movie library.  Is there a way to get them excluded from the main movie library and only show in his category?
(2021-09-05, 12:21)badbones Wrote: Is there a way to get them excluded from the main movie library and only show in his category?
Yes. You now have to create another Smart Playlist that shows all your movies but excludes your sons movies. Usually it is the same type of rule you created for Sons Movies, but use "is not". You may need to experiment a bit.

Then you have to edit the main menu item for Movies and change it to use that new Smart playlist.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-09-05, 12:35)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-09-05, 12:21)badbones Wrote: Is there a way to get them excluded from the main movie library and only show in his category?
Yes. You now have to create another Smart Playlist that shows all your movies but excludes your sons movies. Usually it is the same type of rule you created for Sons Movies, but use "is not". You may need to experiment a bit.

Then you have to edit the main menu item for Movies and change it to use that new Smart playlist.

I have two questions

1) since all his movies are on a single drive, is there a way just to exclude that drive from the  movie category?

2) if not, I am have a problem linking the playlist to movie category.  Any wiki or help with that?  I think I have the playlist done to test but cant seem to find the location to link it like I did with the custom category
(2021-09-06, 04:31)badbones Wrote: 1) since all his movies are on a single drive, is there a way just to exclude that drive from the  movie category?
No, there is no quick "flick of a switch" way to do it. It requires creating a new node, and something I am hesitant to advise as it is just simpler to create a new smart playlist and new menu item.

(2021-09-06, 04:31)badbones Wrote: 2) if not, I am have a problem linking the playlist to movie category. 
I had a quick look, and it requires creating a Node to replace the main menu item Movies. Instead do the following (which is easier):

In the skin settings menu go to Home>Hide Categories and Hide "Movies"
Now, exactly as you did for "Sons Movies", create a new category named Movies which will replace the one you just deactivated. Link your smart playlist to this new item.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
It took a bit of playing with and I finally got it to work.  I just a made a new category and called it Movies.  I turned off the default movies and then linked the playlist to the new movies.  I was have issues with the filtering and finally found that "is not" does not work properly.  When I used "does not contain" it worked like a charm.

The only thing I noticed is that under my original  movies it used to display the number of movies in the library and now with the one I created, it does not.  Is there a way to make that appear?  I does not on my sons movie category either.

All in all, thank you for the time you  have offered me and again thank you for making my transition a smooth one from my old popcorn hour.
(2021-09-06, 10:22)badbones Wrote: All in all, thank you for the time you  have offered me and again thank you for making my transition a smooth one from my old popcorn hour.
No problems. Glad you got it working Smile

(2021-09-06, 10:22)badbones Wrote: The only thing I noticed is that under my original  movies it used to display the number of movies in the library and now with the one I created, it does not.  Is there a way to make that appear?  I does not on my sons movie category either.
That one I can't help you with. Maybe @Gade the developer of Rapier might know.
My Signature
no worries on that last...I can live with out it.   I just realized with the making of the new categories, I lost the "widgets" (I think thats what they are called)  on the screen that were standard like this on the movies page.

This is what my custom category for movies looks like now...Is it possible to duplicate the "stock" movies page onto my custom page?  mine looks so plain compared to the original.
(2021-09-06, 11:42)badbones Wrote: Is it possible to duplicate the "stock" movies page onto my custom page?  mine looks so plain compared to the original.
ah, I did not think about the widgets. Lets see what @Gade comes up with when he visits. Hopefully it is a simple fix.

What hardware and operating system are you using?
My Signature
(2021-09-06, 12:05)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-09-06, 11:42)badbones Wrote: Is it possible to duplicate the "stock" movies page onto my custom page?  mine looks so plain compared to the original.
ah, I did not think about the widgets. Lets see what @Gade comes up with when he visits. Hopefully it is a simple fix.

What hardware and operating system are you using?
Im using a beelink mini-pc hooked directly to the av system.    its  an i5-8259U cpu  16gb with windows 10 64bit  pro
Hi guys.

Thanks @Karellen for all the help with this.

A regular category (Movies, TV Shows etc.) can have up to 4 widgets while custom categories only have two.
Also, as you noticed, the info below the category name is lost with custom categories unless you add some custom widgets (they will provide the info again).

I have removed my sons movies from the regular Movies category editing the main node.
That way you can keep all widgets and also the info below the category name.
To do this, go to Videos and the top options menu bar.
Click Edit Nodes. You might have to click the Extra Options icon first (number 3 from left).
Find the regular Movies node and click it.
Create a rule where Path does not contain the path to your son's movie folders.
Go to Skin settings > Home Category menu > Change category actions
Click Movies and choose Library nodes: Title

That's it.
The disadvantage is that widgets will probably still have titles from the entire movie library.

If you want to add it as a custom category, follow these steps: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Cre...m_category
You can add 2 widgets and they can be the exact same as the regular movies category if you like.
WOW  that worked great and was so simple!!

Now when you are able Gade, can you help me with the reorder problem that I have a tread on?  I get a skin helper error.  I posted pics in the other thread.
Great that it worked, thanks.

I'll mark this thread as solved.

And I'll look into your other thread right away.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Rapier and sub-folder0