Solved Kodi 19.1 ARM 32-BIT MariaDB 10.5.12: An unknown error occurred
Hello,

the other day I noticed Kodi on my Android TV has updated to 19.1 so I updated the installation on my FireTV Stick 4K as well and now I'm encountering a strange issue on both devices. They fail to use my MariaDB Server for video and music databases and output these messages:

Code:
2021-08-30 21:10:16.697 T:10339   DEBUG <general>: connect replacing configured host dbserver.homenet.local with resolved host 192.168.0.10
2021-08-30 21:10:16.718 T:10339    INFO <general>: MYSQL: Connected to version 10.5.12-MariaDB-log
2021-08-30 21:10:16.760 T:10339   ERROR <general>: SQL: [kodi.music82] An unknown error occurred
                                                   Query: SELECT idVersion FROM version

This is strange because the same configuration works fine on Windows (I had to install an additional copy for testing because the store version unfortunately mismatches).
For comparison, you can find kodi.log from the Android device and kodi.log from a Windows device.

Are the MariaDB libraries in the Android and Windows different versions so that the Android one has a problem with the MariaDB server version?

Do you have any other idea what can be the cause for the behavior?

I've tried searching the forums but didn't find helpful threads for my issue. If I missed something feel please link me.

Regards,

Mini-Me
"An unknown error occurred" is not very helpful. Any chance of retrieving MariaDB's own log file, who knows what's in there.
(2021-08-30, 23:03)Klojum Wrote: "An unknown error occurred" is not very helpful.
Yeah, I thought the same 😃 .
(2021-08-30, 23:03)Klojum Wrote: Any chance of retrieving MariaDB's own log file, who knows what's in there.
Good idea. I found this message:
Code:
[Warning] InnoDB: Table mysql/innodb_index_stats has length mismatch in the column name table_name.  Please run mysql_upgrade
I recently moved the MariaDB docker container to a different host. When starting it it possibly pulled a newer version. I tried running the command but that didn't help.
I then spun up a new container, copied over the databases and the messages stopped occurring. The Android versions of Kodi then also worked again.
So, thank you very much for the hint!
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 19.1 ARM 32-BIT MariaDB 10.5.12: An unknown error occurred0