Poster (BR cover) not shown when player is paused
Hi Forum,

I freshly installed Kodi 18.9 (Windows X64) and Transparency! 11.0.9. When I browse the movies, the poster (cover) is shown correctly as shown in this screenshot:

When the movie plays and is being paused, the cover is missing as shown here:

I am sure that in my pervious installation the cover was shown when the movie was paused. I think I missed somewhere a box to tick and I kindly ask the forums help to get back the covers when the player is paused.
Here is another screenshot to show the files generated by the scraper:

Thank you very much for looking into this.
Delete the -thumb artwork. It seems to take priority. In fact, don't use -thumb for anything except episodes. Different skins fallback to it in different ways with unexpected results.

You may need to delete the movie from the library and rescrape it to clear the artwork.

Are you using a media manager? You may need to check your settings for Studio and MPAA Certification also.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you Karellen,

your suggestion is the right move. Unfortuanatlly it seems that i need to rescrape all my 1200 movies and might loose the "watched" state.
(2021-09-01, 07:30)Chang Wrote: might loose the "watched" state.
Try this... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=164652

It might be easier to maybe modify the skin to remove the -thumb fallback, unfortunately I have no idea how to do that. Maybe wait a couple of days to see if anybody else knows and responds before your big re-scrape
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
My best guess is that I export the database into seperate files. If I am correct, this writes *.nfo files, which contain the "watched" status (<playcount> and <lastplayed>).

When I delete the *thumbs.jpg artwork in my movie folder, delete the database and then add the movies again (scraping this time only locally), the watched status should be restored due to the entry in the *.nfo file.
Of course, <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> must be added in the advancedsettings.xml.

Any other ideas?
(2021-09-04, 08:45)Chang Wrote: When I delete the *thumbs.jpg artwork in my movie folder, delete the database and then add the movies again (scraping this time only locally), the watched status should be restored due to the entry in the *.nfo file.
Of course, <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> must be added in the advancedsettings.xml.
That is all correct. Doing a bulk delete for -thumb and then rebuilding your library from your Separate Files export will rebuild the library and save the watched status. Just careful you don't also delete the episode-thumb images as well.

When you delete the database, you also delete the TV Shows library, so you need to scan them back as well.
And then you need to delete the Textures.db database and the "\Userdata\Thumbnails\" folder also. Otherwise your image cache will immediately double in size.

Apart from skin edits, there is no other method I can think of.
My Signature
Thank you Karellen for your advice!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Poster (BR cover) not shown when player is paused0