Android FireTV: Kodi 18.9 no longer continuously repeats a single video in one folder
Question 
I updated to Matrix 19.1 and didn't like a few things, so I reverted to Leia 18.9 using the Backup tool. But when I did this, I discovered that an important (to me) feature no longer worked as it did before. Before updating then reverting, if you had just a single video in a given folder, Kodi would repeat it forever, but now it won't repeat it at all -- it plays it once then no more.

In the System -> Settings -> Player -> Videos section, the "Play next video automatically" setting is enabled for all five video types. Nevertheless, it won't repeat a single file in a folder. If a folder contains multiple videos, it will play the next video until the last file in that folder has been played.

The guisettings.xml file for Confluence shows the correct setting: "<setting id="videoplayer.autoplaynextitem">0,1,2,3,4</setting>"

How can I correct this, please?  Thanks!
(2021-09-01, 19:45)kamby19 Wrote: How can I correct this, please?  Thanks!

Start any video playing and press <back> to go back to the list of videos.  Press <left> to open the sideblade menu and choose "Go to playlist".  Press <left> to show the options and change "Repeat Off" to "Repeat All".  Kodi will now repeat all videos in a directory until you change that setting again.  Note that this also applies to v19 & v20 as well as v18.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
(2021-09-01, 20:11)black_eagle Wrote:
(2021-09-01, 19:45)kamby19 Wrote: How can I correct this, please?  Thanks!

Start any video playing and press <back> to go back to the list of videos.  Press <left> to open the sideblade menu and choose "Go to playlist".  Press <left> to show the options and change "Repeat Off" to "Repeat All".  Kodi will now repeat all videos in a directory until you change that setting again.  Note that this also applies to v19 & v20 as well as v18.

Thanks for your quick response. Your solution worked! And it seems to be a permanent solution, as well. I set up two different folders containing a single video each, and when I tried the second folder, it worked as I wish without having to go through your procedure again.

I am extremely grateful for your help!
Exclamation 
Oh, wise @black_eagle, your procedure worked perfectly until I installed Matrix. From then on, when I "press <back> to go back to the list of videos", and then "<left> to open the sideblade menu," Confluence gives me the option "Current Playlist", which I choose. But no matter what I try, the playlist contains only a single entry: the video I'm playing when I start this. I enable the "Repeat: All" option, but all that ever happens is to play the single video over and over again. I can navigate a bit and see all the videos in the current folder, but whenever I select "Current Playlist", once again the playlist has only the single video.

I tried uninstalling Matrix and re-installing Leia v18.9, but I see the same behavior, even though I emptied the cache and deleted all data in between installations. 

Do you have any possible fixes or troubleshooting steps I can try? This is driving me to try to pull out whatever few strands of hair left on my head!

Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
FireTV: Kodi 18.9 no longer continuously repeats a single video in one folder0