Ember webp support
Hi Dan, 

What do you think about the webp support of EMM? Some sites now contain only webp format, and I think, I can't solve it on the plugin level, because a scraper has to pass URL to EMM.

You can see the original post here.

Any idea?

Thanks
Hi

if i look into the Kodi Wiki only jpg and png for posters is supported. I know Kodi can display webp images in the picture function but I would rather suggest that the images be converted to jpg. This would also guarantee that the posters would work in other media centers.
I can add a conversion function to the Ember API. Depending on the effort, I could also try automate the conversion so that you don't have to trigger it manually.

What are you thinking about that?
Hi Dan,

I'm sure, the conversion should happen in EmberAPI, not in the scrapers. Maybe it can be handled in the HTTP class only. I think webp to jpeg conversion is not a big deal, but the question is, how many places we use image downloads, possibly in different ways.

Another question: what URL should be written in NFO where URL is expected? Actors, for example.

Quick and dirty workaround: use a web-based image converter, and wrap the image urls with it. Smile

Can I help you with something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ember webp support0