TV Tuner USB Dongle
Hello,

What would be a "good" TV tuner (USB dongle) today for Kodi ?

I need :

- USB stick
- a remote is useless as I wanna remote it with the Kodi interface and my Logitech Harmony
- DVB-T and DVB-T2
- HD (minimum 1080p, which would be enough for me)
- compatible Mac OS and Windows 10
- an included antenna would be cool

I don't know what to choose, there a so many models !!
And of course I want it to be cheap Smile

Thank you everybody !!

-EDIT - I changed a term that maybe was too French, and not understable by everybody.
I found (after loooong researches...) a model that could be interesting for me :

Eyetv T2 Lite

Does anybody uses it ?
On Mac OS or Windows ?

Thanks !
USB DVB device support on macos is limited.   You probably should consider network devices like the SiliconDust or some SAT>IP models if you plan on using a PVR backend.  Geniatech make a network streamer too, you seem to like that company.

You get a lot more choices for h/w on Windows  or Linux, but Docker on macos might be an option too, I don't know how they do device pass through.

Martin
Hello @emveepee, thank you for your answer ! I'll have a look at network devices...

I've seen the HDhomerun who looks very popular and compatible with Kodi, but unfortunately I can't find a way to order one in Europe.
Anyway thank you I'll have a look at all this.
I am in Europe, it has been some time but i think I ordered straight from
https://www.silicondust.com/support/wheretobuy/
Can really recommend it. I particularly like the fact that you don't need to go driver hunting, imo it offers a nice and flexible solution.
Thanks !
I allready saw this link, but there is nothing on Amazon, and there is no « order » buttons in European shop ?
Strange.
Anyway I just thought about a device I have who could maybe do the job.
Thanks everybody for your help !!
(2021-09-05, 14:45)badsheep Wrote: Thanks !
I allready saw this link, but there is nothing on Amazon, and there is no « order » buttons in European shop ?
Strange.
Anyway I just thought about a device I have who could maybe do the job.
Thanks everybody for your help !!

Yep - just seen that they are no longer on Amazon and their UK webshop doesn't seem to sell the hardware. How odd.  The Quatro DVB-T2 Quad Tuner HDHR works well.

Other options that are pretty neat are to use a Raspberry Pi with a Linux-supported USB Dongle as a network tuner running something like TV Headend.  That removes the requirement for Mac OS USB DVB-T/T2 tuner support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Tuner USB Dongle0