Solved Reset Category Error
I have made a couple custom categories linked to smart play lists.  I have 2 working perfectly now and just added another for my sons tv shows.  I have hid some categories now like general and add-ons along with 1 or 2 others and no issues there.  I did a reorder of categories a few days ago and again no issues.  Now with the newest sons tv category, I went back to the category reorder and went to reset the order to add it in place and a beatifulsoup 3.0.8 not able to install error occurred.  I an not able to reset the order and when I just add sons tv to the the next category, I can not back out.  I am able to exit but not back out from the menu. 

When I go to kodi main screen, I do not see the category added.  I also noticed when I added the category to the reorder, I was able to add it twice and it still appears as if not placed.  So not I have 2 categories with it added but neither show up.

I am not sure if this is a rapier issue or not.
here are screen shots of what I am doing and the error
When I go to skin/supported add-ons and it shows skin helper service not installed.  Nothing happens when I click on it like with others that give me the option to install.  I am thinking this is where the issue is, but why?
Hi @badbones.

Thanks so much for reporting this issue.

That's definately a skin issue which I have located and fixed in the newest development versions:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository

Matrix: v12.3.3
Nexus: v12.9.2

Please let me know if everything works now.
(2021-09-10, 11:24)Gade Wrote: Hi @badbones.

Thanks so much for reporting this issue.

That's definately a skin issue which I have located and fixed in the newest development versions:
https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository

Matrix: v12.3.3
Nexus: v12.9.2

Please let me know if everything works now.
forgive me once again....I dont know where to find the  Matrix v12.3.3
I did install the nightly the other day which was aug 30 and that was and is still the most current that I see.

How and where to I find the matrix version I am running in Rapier? I cant seem to find that anywhere.
(2021-09-10, 22:10)badbones Wrote: How and where to I find the matrix version I am running in Rapier?
Skin Settings>Supported Add-ons. the first item in the list.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
If you install my development repo by following these steps: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository
Then you can install the latest development version v12.3.3 of Rapier.

After you install my development repo, go to Addons > My addons > All > Rapier
When you click on the addon you go to the information page.
Click versions and find v12.3.3.

You probably have to allow installation of addons from zip in Kodi's settings.
Recommended Kodi addon settings are in the above link as well.
(2021-09-10, 22:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-09-10, 22:10)badbones Wrote: How and where to I find the matrix version I am running in Rapier?
Skin Settings>Supported Add-ons. the first item in the list.

got it...I am running 12.3.0
(2021-09-10, 22:49)Gade Wrote: If you install my development repo by following these steps: https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Rapier#Dev...Repository
Then you can install the latest development version v12.3.3 of Rapier.

After you install my development repo, go to Addons > My addons > All > Rapier
When you click on the addon you go to the information page.
Click versions and find v12.3.3.

You probably have to allow installation of addons from zip in Kodi's settings.
Recommended Kodi addon settings are in the above link as well.

Ok that worked perfectly.  I am now able to do a reset.

However, when I go to supported addons, I still get that beautifulsoup version 3.0.8 error when I try to install skin helper service and skin helper service widgets
Perfect, thanks.

Yeah, I know about those addons.
Those addons have not been officially ported to Python 3 yet. That means they will not work in Kodi 19 and forward.

I'm currently looking for ways to replace them.

I'll mark this thread as solved as the other addons are a whole new topic. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reset Category Error0