• 5(current)
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max
@Schrotty: use "WhiteList", more info here.
(2021-12-04, 13:57)Sholander Wrote: @Schrotty: use "WhiteList", more info here.

Its for OSMC and not Fire TV. Different Hardware.
(2021-12-04, 13:09)Schrotty Wrote: What do I have to do in Kodi or MAX so that the LG takes over the processing at every resolution?

use plex app on  TV.
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
I dont like Plex. Need Plex on TV and PC for sharing my Media. With Kodi i only need one app and not two.
(2021-12-04, 14:10)Schrotty Wrote:
(2021-12-04, 13:57)Sholander Wrote: @Schrotty: use "WhiteList", more info here.

Its for OSMC and not Fire TV. Different Hardware.

It's for Kodi, and it works on all my Kodi versions no matter on what OS/Box (FS 4K old included) Kodi is installed; see here an austere explanation from Kodi Wiki
I have the problem that during camera pans it gets blurry and slightly jerky. I have already played with the sync settings but I can't get rid of it completely.
Does anyone know if this stick supports AFR for Netflix and Prime? I have read that it does support AFR for Kodi.

Also, are there any issues with passthrough if I am using a soundbar? If there are, can I use my soundbar without passthrough? I'm not sure how it works. Thanks for any help. Appreciate it!
(2021-12-05, 19:59)ambulancePilot Wrote: Does anyone know if this stick supports AFR for Netflix and Prime? I have read that it does support AFR for Kodi.

Also, are there any issues with passthrough if I am using a soundbar? If there are, can I use my soundbar without passthrough? I'm not sure how it works. Thanks for any help. Appreciate it!

Last time I checked Prime Video used Fire TV OS's frame rate switching API (it's not automatic at the OS-level, apps have to switch using Amazon's API AIUI), but few other apps had been rewritten to use it.  Netflix's app hadn't been and always ran at the system refresh rate.

(Auto Frame Rate switching at the OS level is rare on any platform. Apple's TV OS and Android TV both use APIs, so apps have to request an output refresh rate change, rather than the OS detecting the playback frame rate and automatically adjusting. As a result frame rate switching is dependent on both the OS supporting it AND app authors coding for it, and their platforms having metadata in their video catalogue to interrogate?. There have been some updates to Android TV 12 - but I thought they were more to do with new HDMI 2.1 support for 'seamless' frame rate switching that avoids the drop to black and OSD flashing up that most TVs currently do when the HDMI source changes frame rate)
AFR not work in Kodi Master.
(2021-12-06, 14:55)Schrotty Wrote: AFR not work in Kodi Master.
What device?
(2021-12-06, 20:37)chitalov Wrote:
(2021-12-06, 14:55)Schrotty Wrote: AFR not work in Kodi Master.
What device?
You are hopefully not serious about the question. What thread are we on here?
I have more test now and only videos with 25hz keep judder with the FireTV 4K MAX. Whether with Kodi or Plex. But when I use Plex directly on the LG TV, the 25Hz videos don't judder. Therefore it has to be the FireTV.
(2021-12-11, 10:25)Schrotty Wrote: I have more test now and only videos with 25hz keep judder with the FireTV 4K MAX. Whether with Kodi or Plex. But when I use Plex directly on the LG TV, the 25Hz videos don't judder. Therefore it has to be the FireTV.

Just checking you've enabled that function in the player section of Kodi (It's not Sync Playback to Display, it's Adjust Display Refresh Rate), and that if you've enabled Whitelisting you've whitelisted those refresh rates for the resolution of video you are playing?  (If not 25Hz, then 50Hz and you've enabled double frame rate)

(I think those functions are all present in the Fire TV version of Kodi?)
someone mount a network folder in kodi on firestick?
because have only 8gb of space, and use a microsd is ok, but is better have a network folder mounted, to get an easy backup, and not use the backup add on on kodi, that is a disaster, especially in firestick, that doesn't have enough power.

So someone use this way? How?
Which protocol do you want to use?
I am using SMB with no problem.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2021 - Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K Max0