Solved First two tracks are missing from database after scan
(2021-09-11, 11:17)black_eagle Wrote: OK, not sure how that might make a difference but I guess at this stage anything is possible so I will see if I can upgrade to the same kernel version and test again.
It's not that different. More interesting seems to be 20.04.2 vs. .3
Kodi v19, Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS, Music tagging with MusicBrainz Picard 2.3.1
(2021-09-11, 11:19)ernstlx Wrote: It's not that different. More interesting seems to be 20.04.2 vs. .3

Maybe, I do have a bunch of updates nagging at me to install them.

offtopic

Kodi runs in its own XScreen on my tv 24/7.  The TV is effectively just a dumb panel as there are no tuner inputs to it, just HDMI connections.  Live TV is supplied by TVH to Kodi and it also supplies radio streams in my living room (right now it's streaming Planet Rock).  My desktop runs in a different XScreen but because Kodi supplies all the TV and Radio for the living room, and because TVH is also running on this machine, updates have to be done when no-one is using stuff (TVH supplies TV to 3 other Kodi instances too), so usually very late at night.  When everything is running fine, as it is now, I'm loath to update stuff.....just in case.... so I tend to put it off.

In place upgrades are fine but anything requiring a reboot tends to get left as long as possible.

/offtopic

Bites the bullet and prepares to update stuff in the interests of user support
Learning Linux the hard way !!
So, I updated everything so release version and kernel match the OP's.  Rebuilt v19 from current Matrix branch, put the album into /home/me/Dokumente/Afro Celt Sound System/ (just in case paths matter somehow), dropped the db and scanned in just that source.  No issues, so I'm stumped now as to how and why that NaN appears just for the first two files for the OP.
(2021-09-11, 14:49)black_eagle Wrote: So, I updated everything so release version and kernel match the OP's.  Rebuilt v19 from current Matrix branch, put the album into /home/me/Dokumente/Afro Celt Sound System/ (just in case paths matter somehow), dropped the db and scanned in just that source.  No issues, so I'm stumped now as to how and why that NaN appears just for the first two files for the OP.
So on the same configuration Ubuntu 20.04.3, Kernel 5.4.0-84-generic, Kodi 19.1.0 and with the same files I tested, you can't reproduce that behavior. I've got it on 2 systems, the second a completely new kodi installation with default configuration. That's mysterious!

What else can be different? Hardware? Both are old AMD boards, Nvidia graphics. But I see no possible relationship to the problem. Nevertheless, I will test on another system with Intel chip set.
Anything else ...? Sad
(2021-09-11, 17:42)ernstlx Wrote: I've got it on 2 systems, the second a completely new kodi installation with default configuration. That's mysterious!

No, that's disconcerting because it would tend to point to an OS specific issue, although at this point I don't know what!  Can I just confirm that you installed Kodi from the team PPA and not from some other source? 

Also, although my kit is also AMD/nVidia it's a bit newer.  Dunno if that makes a difference anywhere but I can't see the GFX card being involved.  I have an AMD laptop that I can put a fresh installation of 20.04 on and install Kodi from the team repo and see if I can reproduce your issue there.  I'd do it in a VM on my main machine but not sure I can passthrough the GFX card which may cause some issues running Kodi.

The build I ran was 19.1 + backported fixes although none of those fixes should have affected your issue AFAICT.  I will attempt to dig deeper, given that you can reproduce this on two machines, although this may take some time.
@black_eagle I installed same os and kodi on a i5 M540 notebook - no errors, all files written to db!

Next I will install a new os on my test (second) system. On both previous system Ubuntu was upgraded to focal (though I suppose on your system too).

(2021-09-11, 19:16)black_eagle Wrote: Can I just confirm that you installed Kodi from the team PPA and not from some other source?

PPA, no other source
(2021-09-11, 19:16)black_eagle Wrote: I will attempt to dig deeper, given that you can reproduce this on two machines, although this may take some time.
New OS and Kodi on my second system - no more missing tracks!
So maybe that's not necessary. I intend to reinstall the first system as well. But thanks for troubleshooting. Smile
(2021-09-11, 22:07)ernstlx Wrote: New OS and Kodi on my second system - no more missing tracks!
So maybe that's not necessary. I intend to reinstall the first system as well. But thanks for troubleshooting.

No problem, certainly seems to be some sort of local OS issue.  Hope all goes smoothly for you in the future.

Thread marked solved.
(2021-09-12, 19:13)black_eagle Wrote: No problem, certainly seems to be some sort of local OS issue.  Hope all goes smoothly for you in the future.

Thread marked solved.
Thanks!
I'm working on setting up my primary system, but there are preparations to make. For the results I'll add a short note here.
Sad 
@black_eagle - not solved for me, as it seems. New installation with the same configuration as on test systems, same test files: https://paste.kodi.tv/ayehacatef.kodi Sad
(again tracks missing, again rating NaN)

...but I'm not angry if you let it be. I've switched back to the old installation and will live with this problem until I've got a new system (probably soon).
(2021-09-14, 20:00)ernstlx Wrote: New installation with the same configuration as on test systems

Something must be different between the one that works and the one that doesn't.  It's difficult to guess what though and very difficult to troubleshoot as I can't reproduce it myself.  It's also not really possible to produce a test build for Linux that I could add a bunch of logging to to try and pin it down, due to the way the builds are produced and packaged.

There has to be a reason, I just don't have a clue right now what it could be Sad
(2021-09-15, 08:52)black_eagle Wrote: Something must be different between the one that works and the one that doesn't.  It's difficult to guess what though and very difficult to troubleshoot as I can't reproduce it myself.  It's also not really possible to produce a test build for Linux that I could add a bunch of logging to to try and pin it down, due to the way the builds are produced and packaged.
And it's probably not worth the effort. There is no point in hunting ghosts on such an old system, hardly used by anyone. As I said, it's well time to replace this system - will be sooner now!
(2021-09-15, 11:40)ernstlx Wrote: And it's probably not worth the effort. There is no point in hunting ghosts on such an old system, hardly used by anyone. As I said, it's well time to replace this system - will be sooner now!

Understood.  I still would have liked to have been able to discover exactly what the issue could possibly have been caused by, but I think it is now going to remain one of life's mysteries.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
First two tracks are missing from database after scan0