kodi.context.item visibility controlled by setting/property?
Is it possible to make a kodi.context.item extension point visible on the condition of an addon setting?

I'm considering making the visibility an option for the user. There is another way to launch the addon, but having it a context item may be desirable for some users. I would rather not tell the user to uncomment a block in the addon.xml.
I too am interested in this exact same question, with regards to making a kodi.context.item extension point visible on the condition of an addon setting.  I have an addon where I'd like the user to have an addon setting on whether they want the additional context menu item to be available based upon enabling / disabling in the addon settings.  I've looked through the conditional visibility and boolean conditions pages and don't see this as an option. 

As mentioned above I'd prefer the option not be editing the addon.xml file or creating a separate addon and they choose whether to load the separate addon.  I was trying to get creative to think if this isn't currently available is there something an addon setting can set as a flag which could be used as a condition to test for. 

Open to ideas.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Not possible ATM, there are no infolabels for that. But the interface can be extended..
I suggest you open a feature request thread on the appropriate forum section and I (or someone else) will probably try to implement it.
(2022-05-09, 00:42)enen92 Wrote: Not possible ATM, there are no infolabels for that. But the interface can be extended..
I suggest you open a feature request thread on the appropriate forum section and I (or someone else) will probably try to implement it.

Will do.  Thanks for the confirmation that this capability doesn't exist right now.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-05-09, 00:42)enen92 Wrote: Not possible ATM, there are no infolabels for that. But the interface can be extended..

I added a thread here .  I hope this was the right location.

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi.context.item visibility controlled by setting/property?0