spdif passthrough better with vlc?
How is it possible that dts/dd tracks bitstreamed via SPDIF sound better (especially cleaner treble) with the vlc player compared to Kodis output? I can only imagine some Jitter issue. Using vlc as external player works for movies but not for the DVB viewer PVR plugin and has some other inconveniences.
Using wasapi and pass-through the audio is simply passed along to whatever equipment you are using as the amplifier. How the signal is handled after that is a determination of that hardware. I have no idea of the issues with 'DVB viewer PVR plugin', perhaps something for PVR & Live TV Support or hardware forums.
(2021-09-14, 17:06)PatK Wrote: Using wasapi and pass-through the audio is simply passed along to whatever equipment you are using as the amplifier. How the signal is handled after that is a determination of that hardware. I have no idea of the issues with 'DVB viewer PVR plugin', perhaps something for PVR & Live TV Support or hardware forums.

Many thanks for the reply. Yes both vlc and Kodi use Wasapi as passthrough protocol. PVR clients not being compatible with an external player seems "normal". The receiver is a Denon AVR 5803. I just find it odd, that different players despite being bitperfect can sound different. But I even experienced similiar with foobar and Jriver and the ASIO protocol, although less pronounced. Also different soundcards with optical or coax connection can sound different. Maybe I´m a little anal retentive here, but it can be worth it to try different players/connections in my experience. 

Of course I will continue using Kodi just with vlc as an external player. Keep up the great work!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
spdif passthrough better with vlc?0