Solved Brightness shortcut toggles fullscreen
I have this weird problem when using kodi on my laptop, when changing the brightness up/down with the FN keys on my keyboard it toggles fullscreen/windowed mode, it doesn't matter which of these they both toggle it. These FN keys are located on the F2 and F3 keys, just pressing these normally don't toggle anything.

I've tried the newest Matrix build, the nightly alpha build and older Leia builds. I also tried hooking up different monitors and displaying Kodi on those and then pressing these keys on my laptop, the issue still persists. 

I've also updated all my drivers and this hasn't changed anything. 

(Ryzen 4500u - Vega 6)
Weird indeed... In Kodi itself the fullscreen/windowed toggle is the backslash '\' key. Perhaps the software of your laptop(?) is triggering something there. Changing the screen brightness before starting Kodi is the obvious fix for now.

The Ryzen 4500u is relatively new, so perhaps fixes are still upcoming in AMD's own drivers.
Enabled debug logging and use Fn + F2/F3 keys and the log will tell you what key press Kodi is reacting to, then you can exclude those keys in the Kodi keymap.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-09-14, 13:46)jjd-uk Wrote: Enabled debug logging and use Fn + F2/F3 keys and the log will tell you what key press Kodi is reacting to, then you can exclude those keys in the Kodi keymap.

Thank you! After figuring out how to exclude keys from kodi I disabled the 'backslash' key, somehow disabling the 'fullscreen toggle' didn't work.
Strange that Fn + F2/F3 keys is indeed sending a backslash, I had wondering if it was doing something else to trigger the action.

For the benefit for anyone else getting similar behaviour and finding this thread, what exactly did you do?

If it was me I'd have changed

xml:
<backslash>ToggleFullScreen</backslash>

to

xml:
<backslash>noop</backslash>
(2021-09-15, 12:43)jjd-uk Wrote: Strange that Fn + F2/F3 keys is indeed sending a backslash, I had wondering if it was doing something else to trigger the action.

For the benefit for anyone else getting similar behaviour and finding this thread, what exactly did you do?

If it was me I'd have changed

xml:
<backslash>ToggleFullScreen</backslash>

to

xml:

I used 
xml:
This worked. 

The other one didn't work somehow even though it was in my eyes the more logical approach.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Brightness shortcut toggles fullscreen0