TVDB Scraper Question - How long should it take? Am I doing this correctly?
So, I'm wondering how long it takes for scraper information to update if I edit an Episode on The TVDB. 
I'm going to be doing this for a lot of Special Episodes in the Kamen Rider series to match the information on the Kamen Rider Wiki. 
To test, I've just updated the "Airs before episode" field for the following episode: https://thetvdb.com/series/kamen-rider/episodes/5612374
I changed it from "12" to "9". 
However this update isn't taking effect when I rescrape it with Kodi. 
I've tried refreshing the individual episode. I've tried removing and rescraping the individual episode. 
I've tried refreshing the entire series. I've tried removing and rescraping the entire series. 
I've tried changing scrapers, then changing back. 
I've tried all of this, while exiting Kodi in between removing/changing and rescraping. 
I'm new to all of this and I've only ever edited a movie on TMDB. 
That updated within a minute after editing. 
So, I'm wondering if it takes longer on TVDB or maybe if Kodi is holding on to the information it previously scraped. 

Not sure if it matters, but I'm using Build 18.1 of Kodi and 3.2.8 of the TVDB scraper. 

I don't know if I'm just being impatient or if I'm doing something wrong. Please educate me.
(2021-09-15, 08:34)AviXvi379 Wrote: Not sure if it matters, but I'm using Build 18.1 of Kodi and 3.2.8 of the TVDB scraper. 
I would definitely update to at least v18.9 if you can't update to v19.1.
v18.9 fixes issues with cURL

(2021-09-15, 08:34)AviXvi379 Wrote: So, I'm wondering how long it takes for scraper information to update if I edit an Episode on The TVDB. 
It used to take up to 24 hours for changes at TVDB to be populated to the servers. Not sure how long it takes now after the changes TVDB have been making, but I doubt it would be instant.
Keep trying every hour to get an idea how long it takes.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-09-15, 08:40)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-09-15, 08:34)AviXvi379 Wrote: Not sure if it matters, but I'm using Build 18.1 of Kodi and 3.2.8 of the TVDB scraper. 
I would definitely update to at least v18.9 if you can't update to v19.1.
v18.9 fixes issues with cURL
(2021-09-15, 08:34)AviXvi379 Wrote: So, I'm wondering how long it takes for scraper information to update if I edit an Episode on The TVDB. 
It used to take up to 24 hours for changes at TVDB to be populated to the servers. Not sure how long it takes now after the changes TVDB have been making, but I doubt it would be instant.
Keep trying every hour to get an idea how long it takes.

Thank you for your quick reply! 

I updated to 18.9. It didn't make a difference to this particular issue, but that should hopefully at least help me avoid problems in the future. 

As for how long it took for the scraper to refresh, it was about 3 hours. Not the best, but definitely better than 24!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB Scraper Question - How long should it take? Am I doing this correctly?0