Image used in Videos->Files not changing when image is changed
I am using Amber to on Kodi 19 to organize my large collection of movies and tv shows in ISO format. 

An issue that I have run into is when I setup an image to be shown for a folder. If I change the image file contents, the image shown is not changed. I assume that it is being cached somewhere and I want to know how do I get the system to recognize the new image.

An example folder:

TV Shows 1
     thumb.jpg
     Jonny Quest (1965)
         thumb.jpg
         Season 1
            thumb.jpg
            Jonny Quest (1965) S01E01-E07.iso
            Jonny Quest (1965) S01E01-E07-thumb.jpg
     MASH (1972)
          thumb.jpg
          Season 1
              thumb.jpg
              MASH (1972) S01E01-E08.iso
              MASH (1972) S01E01-E08-thumb.jpg

In this example TV Shows 1/thumb.jpg is originally a Jonny Quest image and when I hover over TV Shows 1 in Videos->Files it is displayed properly. If I then change that JPG to a different image from MASH, the Jonny Quest is still shown. If I delete TV Shows 1/thumb.jpg, then the generic folder icon is shown. If I then replace TV Shows 1/thumb.jpg with the MASH image, the Jonny Quest image is shown. How can I force the system to recognize and display the changed image?
Wait 24 hours.
(2021-09-16, 00:05)Hitcher Wrote: Wait 24 hours.
Seriously? Why so long? Is there not a way to force it sooner?
(2021-09-16, 00:07)larrycook99 Wrote: Is there not a way to force it sooner?
Yes seriously.
If you are comfortable with SQL, you can edit the lasthashcheck entry in the textures table of Textures13.db to a time and date at least 24 hours in the past.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-09-16, 02:14)Karellen Wrote:
Yes seriously.
If you are comfortable with SQL, you can edit the lasthashcheck entry in the textures table of Textures13.db to a time and date at least 24 hours in the past.
Unfortunately I haven't done any SQL in 10+ years. Also, I am not sure how to get access to do that kind of thing using LibreELEC since it's a JEOS?

Another thought, since KODI can be run on Windows, there is no reason I couldn't test things out in that environment, is there?
(2021-09-16, 15:43)larrycook99 Wrote:
(2021-09-16, 02:14)Karellen Wrote:
Yes seriously.
Unfortunately I haven't done any SQL in 10+ years. Also, I am not sure how to get access to do that kind of thing using LibreELEC since it's a JEOS?

Another thought, since KODI can be run on Windows, there is no reason I couldn't test things out in that environment, is there?
@larrycook99, sure you can test on Windows.  In fact, that is my development environment for Amber and also the OS for my main Kodi instance.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Image used in Videos->Files not changing when image is changed0