Need help using posters
I have recently upgraded from Kodi 18 using Black Glass to Kodi 19 using Amber 2.4.29.  So far I have gotten everything working the way I want except to get the posters to show in the menu.  I get a thumbnail from the movie instead.  My file structure is everything is in a folder named Movies with the files named with this structure:

Movie1.mkv
Movie1-poster.jpg 
Movie2.mkv
Movie2-poster.jpg

Any help is very appreciated.
Thanks.
(2021-09-16, 20:26)Media_Player Wrote: I have recently upgraded from Kodi 18 using Black Glass to Kodi 19 using Amber 2.4.29.  So far I have gotten everything working the way I want except to get the posters to show in the menu.  I get a thumbnail from the movie instead.  My file structure is everything is in a folder named Movies with the files named with this structure:

Movie1.mkv
Movie1-poster.jpg 
Movie2.mkv
Movie2-poster.jpg

Any help is very appreciated.
Thanks.
@Media_Player , you need to ensure that the artwork is really loaded into your db.  You can check this by pressing I (info) on a movie, and then selecting the Extras button, and then Choose Art:

In the resulting dialog, if your artwork is loaded correctly, you should see artwork for Poster, Fanart, etc. Like here:

If there is no art for Poster, then your artwork is not correctly loaded.  Please check your scraper settings, and also make sure that you have Kodi set to pick up local artwork.  Check this in Settings, Media, Videos:

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
This used to work automatically, and appears to be specific to the current version of Amber in Matrix and specific to -poster. The -fanart suffix seems to work correctly, and for that matter the old .tbn naming format still works correctly. The -poster suffix does not work in Amber, but works fine if I switch back to Kodi's default skin.
(2021-11-04, 07:28)Kelon282 Wrote: This used to work automatically, and appears to be specific to the current version of Amber in Matrix and specific to -poster. The -fanart suffix seems to work correctly, and for that matter the old .tbn naming format still works correctly. The -poster suffix does not work in Amber, but works fine if I switch back to Kodi's default skin.
@Kelon282 , I cannot replicate this error, at least under Kodi 19.3 and Windows.  To test I just added a movie to my library, that only has the <moviename>-poster.jpg image as a poster.  I do not use any online scrapers, just the local NFO file scraper, and have my artwork setting at Maximum in Kodi settings.  As you can see from the below screenshots, the movie poster shows up perfectly, on a widget, and in media views:

And this are the artwork files that are present for that movie:

So, in order to evaluate further, please post a link to a debug log of when you are experiencing the issue.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-09-16, 20:26)Media_Player Wrote: I get a thumbnail from the movie instead.
I think you have a Movie1-thumb.jpg file in your folder.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, I probably could have been clearer in my previous post. I am referring to just dropping the video file along with the accompanying image files (-poster, -fanart, etc.) into a non-library folder with no .nfo file or scraping involved. Currently if I do this, <Moviename>-fanart.jpg displays correctly, but <Moviename>-poster.jpg does not, and just reverts to a video thumbnail. If I change back to the default skin, or rename the file from <Moviename>-poster.jpg to <Moviename>.tbn, the poster displays correctly. I've tried this on Windows with 19.1 and 19.3, as well as a Pi 4 with LibreELEC (19.1) with the same results.
(2021-11-05, 15:16)Kelon282 Wrote: Sorry, I probably could have been clearer in my previous post. I am referring to just dropping the video file along with the accompanying image files (-poster, -fanart, etc.) into a non-library folder with no .nfo file or scraping involved. Currently if I do this, <Moviename>-fanart.jpg displays correctly, but <Moviename>-poster.jpg does not, and just reverts to a video thumbnail. If I change back to the default skin, or rename the file from <Moviename>-poster.jpg to <Moviename>.tbn, the poster displays correctly. I've tried this on Windows with 19.1 and 19.3, as well as a Pi 4 with LibreELEC (19.1) with the same results.
@Kelon282, thanks for the clarification. I will look into this.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Thank you! I appreciate all the work that's been done to maintain this skin, none of the others I've tried compare to it.
(2021-11-14, 07:57)Kelon282 Wrote: Thank you! I appreciate all the work that's been done to maintain this skin, none of the others I've tried compare to it.

@Kelon282 , thank you for your kind words, and please accept my apologies for the delayed response to this issue.  I have just fixed it on GitHub.  Please test and let me know if it is indeed fixed.  Thanks.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
No apology necessary at all. This is a busy time of year, and even if it weren't, it's probably only an issue for a relatively small subset of users, and I very much appreciate you looking into it. I've tested the new version, posters are working perfectly now. Thank you for taking the time to fix this!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need help using posters0