Recently Added and In Progress changed
I upgraded to Kodi 19.1. Downloaded AppTV skin, and some functionality seems to be missing. Before the root level of TV Shows and Movies had Recently Added and In Progress links in them. Now, they are not there. I can add them to the Horizontal Menu list that appears when highlight TV Shows or Movies, just like one can add Favorites or Add-ons there. But, they do not function the same there. In Progress is just a bare list of episodes, no grouping by show. That's pretty useless. There does not appear to be a way to add in progress movies, either.

Did something change with the AppTV skin? I am pretty certain I was using Kodi 18.9 before, but it may have been 17.6. I'll see if I can check.
(2021-09-17, 01:17)Gorbulan Wrote: I upgraded to Kodi 19.1. Downloaded AppTV skin, and some functionality seems to be missing. Before the root level of TV Shows and Movies had Recently Added and In Progress links in them. Now, they are not there. I can add them to the Horizontal Menu list that appears when highlight TV Shows or Movies, just like one can add Favorites or Add-ons there. But, they do not function the same there. In Progress is just a bare list of episodes, no grouping by show. That's pretty useless. There does not appear to be a way to add in progress movies, either.

Did something change with the AppTV skin? I am pretty certain I was using Kodi 18.9 before, but it may have been 17.6. I'll see if I can check.
@Gorbulan ,

Yes skin has changed. Unfortunately When Kodi made the change to version 19, the supported version of python used by addons changed from version 2.x to 3.x . This change was unavoidable on the part of Kodi as version 2.x has reached end of life and had to be replaced. The major result of this change was that a large number of addons would no longer run and had to be re-written. I made the decision to change from the Skin Helper script to the Embuary Helper script as Skin helper did not look like it was going to be updated for the new python and was becoming increasingly slower due to huge bulk of functions provided by that script. Down side to that decision was some things changed how they access things in the filesystem.

Have just taken a look at the "Media entry points" skin settings menu and have noticed that there are a couple of items that I should add ("Playlists" for one) that would probably get around most of your issues listed above. When I get a moment will add to skin, plus anything else that looks appropriate.

Wyrm (AppTV)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Recently Added and In Progress changed0