Win Is there a Kodi skin that allows for custom images for genres?
I have done some research to find a way to add custom images for genres but have not found a way to do it. For instance, with anime there are a lot of genre's that aren't "Action, drama or romance" etc. More importantly, I would also like to use my own images. All of my videos, posters and fanart are all local, I just want to organize it better. Is there a way to do this with a skin or another means?
(2021-09-18, 03:23)Velkro16 Wrote: Is there a way to do this with a skin or another means?
Yes there is. I am sure a few skins do it, and some don't.

I know definitely Aeon Nox Silvo allows you to point to a folder that contains fanart images in Settings>Skin Settings>Extras>Set path to video genre fanart images. Filenames must match genre. eg Romance = Romance.jpg, Science Fiction = Science_Fiction.jpg, etc

The posters are a bit more complicated as you'll want to create them to match the existing style (or replace them all with your own style) and inserted into the existing media folder in the addons folder. On a typical Windows install, it would be somewhere like C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\extras\moviegenres\
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-09-18, 04:06)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-09-18, 03:23)Velkro16 Wrote: Is there a way to do this with a skin or another means?
Yes there is. I am sure a few skins do it, and some don't.

I know definitely Aeon Nox Silvo allows you to point to a folder that contains fanart images in Settings>Skin Settings>Extras>Set path to video genre fanart images. Filenames must match genre. eg Romance = Romance.jpg, Science Fiction = Science_Fiction.jpg, etc

The posters are a bit more complicated as you'll want to create them to match the existing style (or replace them all with your own style) and inserted into the existing media folder in the addons folder. On a typical Windows install, it would be somewhere like C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\skin.aeon.nox.silvo\extras\moviegenres\
Surprisingly I actually figured out some of that from just tinkering but it seems that with the posters it doesn't always recognize the file. Is there an ideal file size? Also, once added to the existing media folder is there a way for the skin to automatically update the cache?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a Kodi skin that allows for custom images for genres?0