Information On-line resources
Hi all,

can't help but notice one site created and once maintained by its members, has changed under its new management:- forum closed down and subscriptions to use in place.

Think they have bitten the hand that feeds them, as members will not upload the art they created so others can profit
(2021-09-18, 13:42)fsurfer Wrote: upload the art they created so others can profit
Profit Capitalism; on the good will of others happens all the time. Some systems count on artists compulsion to create, just like harvesting fruit from a tree, it just grows with abandon without care. It's the greedy to profit from this free resource without regard to the farming costs. Reminding people of the concept of open source and community driven non profit is a never ending task.
(2021-09-20, 19:05)PatK Wrote:
(2021-09-18, 13:42)fsurfer Wrote: upload the art they created so others can profit
Profit Capitalism; on the good will of others happens all the time. Some systems count on artists compulsion to create, just like harvesting fruit from a tree, it just grows with abandon without care. It's the greedy to profit from this free resource without regard to the farming costs. Reminding people of the concept of open source and community driven non profit is a never ending task.
I have been creating art - replacement covers and labels, vectors for TT's etc. for years and freely sharing, spent the last few days creating poster, clearlogo, banner pieces for 200+ anime shows which I usually freely share - now I'm at a crossroad.
(2021-09-20, 20:27)fsurfer Wrote: now I'm at a crossroad.
Like most artists, the pleasure is in enjoyment that it brings to others and more the merrier. Imagine your creations displayed worldwide with daily visits on the order of millions. Not even the Louvre Museum can boast those kind of figures, but it never was in the cards for artists that share; to be rich and you knew that before you even started! Be sure that artwork is one of the reasons Kodi has been so popular, and you have likely contributed towards it's success, and for that I thank-you.

Now if we can just get some patron to pay for the artist supplies.
I create for myself first.  Sharing freely is secondary and equates to giving.  Most of the world contains takers, not givers.  Take pride knowing you are giver and don't ruin your character by stopping.  After all, you're still using your creations.
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Very, very well put.
(2021-09-20, 23:45)brazen1 Wrote: I create for myself first.  Sharing freely is secondary and equates to giving.  Most of the world contains takers, not givers.  Take pride knowing you are giver and don't ruin your character by stopping.  After all, you're still using your creations.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
On-line resources0