Getting correct episodes rating after library import/export
Recently I had to move collection to other storage and did that by exporting database(each file).Then I imported local information and after that changed source to TMDB TV Shows.It worked mostly fine except that ratings stayed from .nfo files.
Seems like a bug to me, where only partial data is loaded from external source, while ratings and episode description are pooled from .nfo files.Now I don't see a way to refresh this kind of info.
(2021-09-19, 23:18)Hrvoje Wrote: Seems like a bug to me, where only partial data is loaded from external source, while ratings and episode description are pooled from .nfo files.Now I don't see a way to refresh this kind of info.
No bug. That is normal operations. If you use NFO files, then the data comes from nfo files. If there are no nfo files, then the data is scraped from online.

Try the Light IMDB addon located in the forum. It can update your ratings.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
First i used local nfo to get watched status etc.
Then I changed source to TMDB to update details, and to enable scrapping new shows when I add them.The way I see it if TMDB is selected source then it should update ratings and episode guide too.
For example I have my collection for years and currently there is no way to update old information?
Light IMDB addon can do it only for ratings, not for episode description.
(2021-09-20, 00:44)Hrvoje Wrote: The way I see it if TMDB is selected source then it should update ratings and episode guide too.
No.
What scraper you have set is irrelevant. Setting Local Information Only then setting a scraper does not allow you to pick and choose what is scanned locally and what is scraped. How could it? Where have you specified what you want updated and what you want left alone?

If you have nfo files, then Kodi will always scan the nfo files regardless what scraper you have set. NFO files are the default source of info.
If no nfo files are available, then the scraper is used.

If you want to preserve the watched status, then use the WatchedList addon in the repo.

Yes you can update old information, but it is not a pick and choose what you want updated. You need to preserve the info you want kept with addons like I mentioned above, then rescrape your library, then reinstate the info via those addons.

Always backup your database... just in case it goes wrong, then you can move back the original and try again.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I have another issue after using .nfo files for restore.Some videos don't have art anymore and if I refresh them then watched state is lost.
Since all video info is stored on MariaDB I would like to totally remove .nfo files dependency, but to keep watched state.I tested on one folder with few movies, but it keeps saying "Locally stored information found.Ignore and refresh from internet".If I confirm watched state is lost.Any idea? 

If not WatchedList addon seems only solution, but then what is the point of having SQL database.
(2022-01-10, 01:05)Hrvoje Wrote: Some videos don't have art anymore
Open the nfo file for the movie without artwork.
Look for the artwork links. You will see the different types- fanart, poster etc.
If you have missing fanart, double click the fanart link to open in a browser.
Is there any artwork or is it a dead page?
My Signature
Some JPG files are missing in movie folders.
Anyway ignoring .nfo while maintaining data already stored in DB is better solution for me.Can it be done?
Basically my question is related to your previous statement:
Quote:If no .nfo files are available, then the scraper is used.

However that means loosing watched status.
(2022-01-10, 01:45)Hrvoje Wrote: However that means loosing watched status.
I thought I already answered your question. Use the WatchedList addon which is available from the Kodi repository... https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/service.watchedlist
My Signature
(2022-01-10, 01:57)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-10, 01:45)Hrvoje Wrote: However that means loosing watched status.
I thought I already answered your question. Use the WatchedList addon which is available from the Kodi repository... https://kodi.tv/addons/matrix/service.watchedlist

You are, thank you.But then what is the point of having Kodi database with watched status?
I would prefer to have one solution(DB).

I apologise if my english is not perfect, but the question is how to rely on DB only?
.nfo files were used during migration to save watched status and my rating.Now I would like to use SQL DB only, as .nfo files are only causing me issues.I wouldn't want to delete them before being sure how to proceed.
How Kodi knows if .nfo files are present?Is this info stored in DB, or it searches folders?

WatchedList addon is my alternate solution, only if what is asked above is not possible.
(2022-01-10, 02:13)Hrvoje Wrote: How Kodi knows if .nfo files are present?Is this info stored in DB, or it searches folders?
When Kodi scans, it searches folders. If it finds nfo files, it uses them. If it finds local artwork, it caches them. If it does not find one or the other or both, then it uses the scraper.
Local comes first, then the scraper is the fallback.

(2022-01-10, 02:13)Hrvoje Wrote: But then what is the point of having Kodi database with watched status?
Well, there are a lot of points and uses for having it. If it is not in the database, then where does it come from? But I guess you are really asking how can I updated information, but save particular data.
Yes, with this particular situation with Play Counts, Watched status, resume points and User Ratings, Kodi could do with a bit more flexibility.
But currently that flexibility does not exist, which is why you need to use the addon. But even the addon does not save the User Rating. So it is a partial solution. I don't have a full solution for you or for me either who has experienced the same issue as you.

Are you using Windows? If yes, you should install another Kodi using Portable Mode... https://kodi.wiki/view/Portable_mode
You can then do your testing here, without affecting your current install, so if you ruin the library it does not matter as you have not touched your main library.
Also use it to test the WatchedList addon. I should have mentioned that this addon will only work with a correctly scraped library. It requires correct UniqueID's. As you are using nfo files, I don't know how you created them, or how old they are and if they are correct for Kodi.
My Signature
I tested a bit more and interestingly after I deleted info for one show watched count was lost, but for the episode that was in progress info was saved.
Thank you again.

Sorry for repeating, but what really confuses me is this:
Quote:When Kodi scans, it searches folders. If it finds nfo files, it uses them. If it finds local artwork, it caches them. If it does not find one or the other or both, then it uses the scraper.
Local comes first, then the scraper is the fallback.
Even if I delete .nfo files(all of them in the folder) it still says "Locally stored information found", and then of course it deletes watched status.I am not sure would the same happen if I deleted all .nfo files from source, but I don't want to test it and possibly loose all the data.Unless you are sure it would keep the data?
Quote:Also use it to test the WatchedList addon. I should have mentioned that this addon will only work with a correctly scraped library. It requires correct UniqueID's. As you are using nfo files, I don't know how you created them, or how old they are and if they are correct for Kodi.
I created them via Export function(one per file), but some of the data was scrapped years ago.And since there is no way that I know of to refresh it without loosing watched status, it is one more example why current way is not ideal.
Quote:Yes, with this particular situation with Play Counts, Watched status, resume points and User Ratings, Kodi could do with a bit more flexibility.
But currently that flexibility does not exist, which is why you need to use the addon. 
In my humble opinion this should be primary focus, as artwork and other things can be easily rescrapped.I am only part time Kodi user, but I will allow myself a few assumptions and suggestions that may be wrong.Hope you won't mind it:
Discussions about Kodi migration, backup and restore are going a long way back, and process is still the same.Moreover when Kodi was in infant stages people used one device for playback and today most of them have multiple players.I know it is hard to change fundamentals because of compatibility reasons, but a lot has changed since Kodi first appeared.
The way I see it Kodi is (maybe to) flexible with different scrapers(among others), which leads to not being able to have one source ID, so there is always question should we use TMDB, TVDB, IMDB, or something else.Also it stores info about files, not videos.
My suggestion is to use one source(IMDB is most popular and has biggest database) as Unique ID, that could be used to store/backup/restore necessary information.WatchedList addon is step in right direction(it uses IMDB), but as you noticed there are few drawbacks, which limits its use.Additional ID-s could be added as reserve for TVDB or TMDB.
Quote:Are you using Windows? If yes, you should install another Kodi using Portable Mode... https://kodi.wiki/view/Portable_mode
You can then do your testing here, without affecting your current install, so if you ruin the library it does not matter as you have not touched your main library.

Yes, both Win and Android.I usually test with VM, but in this case SQL DB and videos are on NAS, so I don't see a way to test properly with the same configuration.
(2022-01-10, 03:45)Hrvoje Wrote: Even if I delete .nfo files(all of them in the folder) it still says "Locally stored information found"
Yep, that is a bug. In certain steps, that message pops up, even when there is no nfo file.

(2022-01-10, 03:45)Hrvoje Wrote: My suggestion is to use one source(IMDB is most popular and has biggest database) as Unique ID
It sounds good, but there are tv shows and movies on TMDB and TVDB that do not exist on IMDB. (I came across one a couple of weeks ago, but struggling to remember what it was.) Which is why we use the ID from the scraper site.

(2022-01-10, 03:45)Hrvoje Wrote: I created them via Export function(one per file), but some of the data was scrapped years ago
Ok. The important thing to have in the nfo file is the following. Check if you have them...
xml:
<uniqueid type="imdb">tt8398600</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tmdb" default="true">79410</uniqueid>
<uniqueid type="tvdb">347507</uniqueid>

(2022-01-10, 03:45)Hrvoje Wrote: Yes, both Win and Android.I usually test with VM, but in this case SQL DB and videos are on NAS, so I don't see a way to test properly with the same configuration.
Why not? If you install Kodi in portable mode you can set up your sources like your other installs. Or by SQL do you mean a shared MySQL/MariaDB setup?
My Signature
(2022-01-10, 03:59)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-01-10, 03:45)Hrvoje Wrote: Even if I delete .nfo files(all of them in the folder) it still says "Locally stored information found"
Yep, that is a bug. In certain steps, that message pops up, even when there is no nfo file.
Fixing it would be a great workaround until there is proper solution for backup/export/import.Do you think Kodi team would consider it?
(2022-01-10, 03:45)Hrvoje Wrote: My suggestion is to use one source(IMDB is most popular and has biggest database) as Unique ID
It sounds good, but there are tv shows and movies on TMDB and TVDB that do not exist on IMDB. (I came across one a couple of weeks ago, but struggling to remember what it was.) Which is why we use the ID from the scraper site.
That is why I suggested suing TMDB and/or TVDB as backup ID.
(2022-01-10, 03:45)Hrvoje Wrote: Yes, both Win and Android.I usually test with VM, but in this case SQL DB and videos are on NAS, so I don't see a way to test properly with the same configuration.
Why not? If you install Kodi in portable mode you can set up your sources like your other installs. Or by SQL do you mean a shared MySQL/MariaDB setup?
Yes, I use shared MariaDB setup.Anyway, all performed test showed me there is no way to get what I need.The thing is I need very simple operations like proper rescan while maintaining video data, which I guess many users also need.Kodi is a great tool, but to be honest it lacks some essential options, and hopefully it will be sorted out.It's nice to develop new features, but my humble opinion is that basic things should be sorted first.Will you  be kind enough and mention it to other team members?
Thank you for everything.
Coming back to this old topic I was wondering what would happen if I started completely new installation with central SQL database on NAS?Let's say I rescrape video.Would play counts, watched status, resume points and user Ratings be lost? 
Movie summary, actors, artwork etc are not important, as they can be rescraped.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting correct episodes rating after library import/export0