EMM scraped local files compatible with Mede8er MED600X3D Media Streamer?
Hello,

I've been using EMM since the initial build out  of my media NAS library & xbmc based media players.  Updated to EMM 1.5.0 in April 2020, and it's been doing everything I need to populate local metadata in nfo files for movie/movie sets information, and local jpg files for artwork/posters/covers perfectly.  I'm considering purchasing an old MED600X3D Media Streamer to use as a 2nd 3D media player, and have confirmed compatibility on playback of my media files, but can't seem to find an answer about library compatibility with the previously referenced media NAS library being used by the rest of the media players in my home(all Kodi based).

What I'd like to verify before purchase is if the scraped information from EMM for the kodi devices will be recognized by the MED600X3D, or if it won't, will the internal scrapers used by the device change and/or add files to the movie folders in the media NAS in a way that will
cause them to no longer be compatible with the other kodi devices.  From what I've read, the MED600X3D scrapers will create xml files for movie info and jpg files for fanart/posters/covers.  Users of this device were also able to use external scrapers (YAMJ/YADIS based), if that
provides context to my questions. The EMM generated  local nfo files in my media NAS have ?xml version "1.0" listed in their headers, but I'm not sure if that makes them cross player compatible or not.

Sorry if this isn't the appropriate forum to post this question, the linked to MED600XD forums don't seem to have much traffic anymore, so I didn't think posting there would be very helpful.  Hoped that maybe users/developers of the scraper used to build out the local files for my kodi devices
might be able to help.

Thanks,
(2021-09-24, 05:22)mm_half3 Wrote: local nfo files in my media NAS have ?xml version "1.0" listed in their headers
That's just a description of the used XML version standard and has nothing to do with compatibility of media centers or other media managers. All media players like that one you referenced are "web browser/page" (HTML) based players. They usually creates a webpage with all information and images to show it on the screen. I know that YAMJ is/was a tool that was able to create these HTML files based on local XML/images in "Kodi style", but i don't know if YAMJ is compatible with this player nor if YAMJ still supports all information provided by Kodi-compatible XMLs not if the internal scrapers of the player can read it. If you can't find any information you have to try it. You should get shure that this player only has read rights to your NAS to get shure that the player can't create or delete any existing information or files.
(2021-09-25, 11:40)DanCooper Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 05:22)mm_half3 Wrote: local nfo files in my media NAS have ?xml version "1.0" listed in their headers
That's just a description of the used XML version standard and has nothing to do with compatibility of media centers or other media managers. All media players like that one you referenced are "web browser/page" (HTML) based players. They usually creates a webpage with all information and images to show it on the screen. I know that YAMJ is/was a tool that was able to create these HTML files based on local XML/images in "Kodi style", but i don't know if YAMJ is compatible with this player nor if YAMJ still supports all information provided by Kodi-compatible XMLs not if the internal scrapers of the player can read it. If you can't find any information you have to try it. You should get shure that this player only has read rights to your NAS to get shure that the player can't create or delete any existing information or files.

Thanks for the response.  If I purchase the device I will follow your suggestions, and test it on a smalll sample area of files that are usable in my Kodi instances, and see if they play nice together.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
EMM scraped local files compatible with Mede8er MED600X3D Media Streamer?0