Broken Bulk rename patterns changed?
Exclamation 
I have a reasonably sized movie library with all folders named using the pattern '$T {($Y)}'
I've just updated to 1.11.1 and loaded a new movie - suddenly the bulk renamer wants to rename much of my library.

I've tracked it down to what looks like a change in meaning of $Y

if we take a snippet of nfo file (from the film '9'):

==
<year>2009</year>
<releasedate>03/11/2015</releasedate>
==

then $Y used to map to <year> and now seems to map to <releasedate> - so the renamer wants to change the folder name. IMDB confirms the film to be 2009.
Is this change intended? Is there a pattern for <year> any more ?
The year is now related to the release date. The is still a year column in the database but thats only used for the inital adding to the database before a movie has been scraped.
(2021-09-24, 18:55)DanCooper Wrote: The year is now related to the release date. The is still a year column in the database but thats only used for the inital adding to the database before a movie has been scraped.

So are you saying that if I rescrape my library it will get the right year again? As right now it wants to rename essentially my whole library and the year field has the right date, the date in the  release date field (also scraped by Ember) is wrong as per my example.
(2021-09-24, 20:42)movieview Wrote:
(2021-09-24, 18:55)DanCooper Wrote: The year is now related to the release date. The is still a year column in the database but thats only used for the inital adding to the database before a movie has been scraped.

So are you saying that if I rescrape my library it will get the right year again? As right now it wants to rename essentially my whole library and the year field has the right date, the date in the  release date field (also scraped by Ember) is wrong as per my example.

Hi,

I have spent over a week drilling down 000's of nfo's created by TMM, as I had a problem scraping to Matrix and curious for your example 9, did you discover where this Ember release date came from - its source?

Box Office worldwide release dates

DVD Blu-Ray - December 29, 2009

The date you added to your library perhaps?

My nfo has premiered

https://paste.kodi.tv/kivazozeza
The TMDb scraper provides a country independent release date with every movie that has been used a releasedate/premiered and also as year value. It looks like TMDb alsways use the oldest date from the release date table. There is an option to get a list of all dates based on countires but that has never been used in Ember.
The IMDb scraper uses the release date page on IMDb, get all dates and use the oldest date as releasefate/premiered and also as year value. If the release date page does not provide any dates or if the scarper can't parse the page, for year the value next to the title was used (with one should be correct) and the value "release date" on the main page in the "Details" area has been used as release date. But for most time this release date was wrong and either it was a result based on your IP/country or simply the last release date that has been added. Since the year is no longer scraped but determined from the release date, also the release date in the "Details" area is no longer used the releasedate/premiered and year value should be the same or the releasedate/premiered value is empty and the year comes from file or folder name.

If you only rescrape the release year (and i whould use TMDb as provider) the dates should be fixed an your files should not be renamed.
(2021-09-25, 11:15)DanCooper Wrote: The TMDb scraper provides a country independent release date with every movie that has been used a releasedate/premiered and also as year value. It looks like TMDb alsways use the oldest date from the release date table. There is an option to get a list of all dates based on countires but that has never been used in Ember.
The IMDb scraper uses the release date page on IMDb, get all dates and use the oldest date as releasefate/premiered and also as year value. If the release date page does not provide any dates or if the scarper can't parse the page, for year the value next to the title was used (with one should be correct) and the value "release date" on the main page in the "Details" area has been used as release date. But for most time this release date was wrong and either it was a result based on your IP/country or simply the last release date that has been added. Since the year is no longer scraped but determined from the release date, also the release date in the "Details" area is no longer used the releasedate/premiered and year value should be the same or the releasedate/premiered value is empty and the year comes from file or folder name.

If you only rescrape the release year (and i whould use TMDb as provider) the dates should be fixed an your files should not be renamed.

I've just gone and rescraped on "premiered" (as that is the only date related field in the context menu) and on the whole that's worked. There were a small number of cases where there that date was after first availability (e.g. at a film festival) but I've corrected those by hand

so:
1) I've no idea where the original wrong release dates came from other than I've only ever used Ember for scraping and historically used IMDB - but can't find the wrong dates in IMDB. The dates didn't obviously all map to anything easy like scrape date

2) a request. when the change of field mapping was introduced it clearly had potential to be a breaking change - in which case it should just have had a new variable in the bulk renamer rather than breaking things by using one that was already used for a different field. Please don't do that again?

many thanks for the help though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bulk rename patterns changed?0