XBOX 18.9 Leia problems
Hi, me and many of my friends from CZ, found out, that from yesterday everything stopped working on kodi. On win store is still only Leia 18.9. From yesterday we can not even change language after fresh installation, install any add-on, because od depencies. Do someone know, wth is going on here?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Non of this will work, because of the xbox. Log is saving in the file, which is not accessible with any file explorer. I can provide only photo or video, but it is obvious, that the problem is somewhere on your side, because it stopped working to everyone who is using xbox kodi.
(2021-10-02, 06:12)onda95 Wrote: Non of this will work, because of the xbox. Log is saving in the file, which is not accessible with any file explorer. I can provide only photo or video, but it is obvious, that the problem is somewhere on your side, because it stopped working to everyone who is using xbox kodi.

Yea I dont think the problem is on kodi i think its Microsoft that is doing something to the xbox version because i unistalled and reinstalled and none of the official add ons are updating
(2021-10-02, 06:36)Hitman24 Wrote:
(2021-10-02, 06:12)onda95 Wrote: Non of this will work, because of the xbox. Log is saving in the file, which is not accessible with any file explorer. I can provide only photo or video, but it is obvious, that the problem is somewhere on your side, because it stopped working to everyone who is using xbox kodi.

Yea I dont think the problem is on kodi i think its Microsoft that is doing something to the xbox version because i unistalled and reinstalled and none of the official add ons are updating
This is definitely a Kodi issue. I suspect the add ons have dropped support for Leia or since this happened on the first of the month possibly a security certificate issue.

The Xbox version needs updating to Matrix but the team has a lack of skills to develop for Xbox so it is slow.

19.2 is due to be released and is apparently 100% ready but hasn't materialised in time.

We are stuck until the update is published.
(2021-10-02, 10:18)Borkley Wrote:

This is definitely a Kodi issue. I suspect the add ons have dropped support for Leia or since this happened on the first of the month possibly a security certificate issue.

The Xbox version needs updating to Matrix but the team has a lack of skills to develop for Xbox so it is slow.

19.2 is due to be released and is apparently 100% ready but hasn't materialised in time.

I have kodi 18.9 leia installed on a firestick, an android smart tv, my samsung galaxy s10, my windows 10 laptop and the xbox one and only on the xbox version does it not work so i doubt its the kodi development team it has something to do on microsoft side
(2021-10-02, 10:18)Borkley Wrote:

Also stop blaming the kodi development team smh you do know that microsoft doesnt allow certain things on their xbox version of kodi its not that the team is slow its that microsoft is strick with their permissions and not alot of people with xbox out here testing out these builds so instead of putting blame why dont you be part of the solution and help out
Hey guys (or gals)

Lets keep it clean and respectful here.

I will clear out the nasty posts.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I reckon this has got nothing to do with Microsoft or Team-Kodi
I presume this is tied to the DST Root CA X3 as used by Let's Encrypt that expired on 30th Sep 2021 (originally issued in 2000)

Seems to be tripping on the Path 2. This does not happen on other platforms, issue specific to Python on Microsoft platforms

Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
(2021-10-03, 02:17)gujal Wrote: I reckon this has got nothing to do with Microsoft or Team-Kodi
I presume this is tied to the DST Root CA X3 as used by Let's Encrypt that expired on 30th Sep 2021 (originally issued in 2000)

So the free certication used by team kodi? It's almost as if someone already said that.
(2021-10-03, 02:23)Borkley Wrote:
(2021-10-03, 02:17)gujal Wrote: I reckon this has got nothing to do with Microsoft or Team-Kodi

So the free certication used by team kodi? It's almost as if someone already said that.
Yes, updated my post above with screenshot of the certificate chains
And there is no quick fix as that other path is required for the site to work on Android < 7.1 which only trusts DST Root CA X3, Android versions <7.1 dont care about CA cert expiry and continue to work

I very much doubt even 19.2 if released will work without issues on XBOX
Code:
C:\>python
Python 3.8.10 (tags/v3.8.10:3d8993a, May  3 2021, 11:48:03) [MSC v.1928 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import urllib.request
>>> url = "https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/matrix/addons.xml.gz?sha256"
>>> req = urllib.request.Request(url)
>>> response = urllib.request.urlopen(req)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Python38\lib\urllib\request.py", line 1354, in do_open
    h.request(req.get_method(), req.selector, req.data, headers,
  File "C:\Python38\lib\http\client.py", line 1252, in request
    self._send_request(method, url, body, headers, encode_chunked)
  File "C:\Python38\lib\http\client.py", line 1298, in _send_request
    self.endheaders(body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "C:\Python38\lib\http\client.py", line 1247, in endheaders
    self._send_output(message_body, encode_chunked=encode_chunked)
  File "C:\Python38\lib\http\client.py", line 1007, in _send_output
    self.send(msg)
  File "C:\Python38\lib\http\client.py", line 947, in send
    self.connect()
  File "C:\Python38\lib\http\client.py", line 1421, in connect
    self.sock = self._context.wrap_socket(self.sock,
  File "C:\Python38\lib\ssl.py", line 500, in wrap_socket
    return self.sslsocket_class._create(
  File "C:\Python38\lib\ssl.py", line 1040, in _create
    self.do_handshake()
  File "C:\Python38\lib\ssl.py", line 1309, in do_handshake
    self._sslobj.do_handshake()
ssl.SSLCertVerificationError: [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1131)

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "C:\Python38\lib\urllib\request.py", line 222, in urlopen
    return opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "C:\Python38\lib\urllib\request.py", line 525, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "C:\Python38\lib\urllib\request.py", line 542, in _open
    result = self._call_chain(self.handle_open, protocol, protocol +
  File "C:\Python38\lib\urllib\request.py", line 502, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Python38\lib\urllib\request.py", line 1397, in https_open
    return self.do_open(http.client.HTTPSConnection, req,
  File "C:\Python38\lib\urllib\request.py", line 1357, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)
urllib.error.URLError: <urlopen error [SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: certificate has expired (_ssl.c:1131)>
>>>

The same commands work correctly on the same python version on Linux for e.g
Code:
gujal@mint-vm:~$ python3
Python 3.8.10 (default, Jun  2 2021, 10:49:15)
[GCC 9.4.0] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import urllib.request
>>> url = "https://mirrors.kodi.tv/addons/matrix/addons.xml.gz?sha256"
>>> req = urllib.request.Request(url)
>>> response = urllib.request.urlopen(req)
>>> response.code
>>>
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
updated my post above with screenshot of the certificate chains and there is no quick fix as that other path is required for the site to work on Android < 7.1 which only trusts DST Root CA X3, Android versions <7.1 dont care about CA cert expiry and continue to work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBOX 18.9 Leia problems0