Playing individual songs from Album Information page
One can browse songs on the Album Information page but selecting a song and playing it directly is impossible. One can play the album and then move to the song within the currently playing list but this seems a little counterintuitive.

Is there an add-on or modification which can allow the direct playing of individual songs from the Album Information page?
No, not as far as I know.
I approximate that by adding a new button on the album info that runs the play album script passing the selected track from the tracklist as a parameter viz
Code:
RunScript(script.playalbum,albumid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&tracknr=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.TrackNumber])

There's probably more elegant ways to do it.

scott s.
I think by default custom onclick action will will not work in 'native' conatiner.(in that case container id="50" in dialogmusicinfo)
[ Discography of the selected artist / tracks on the selected album / contributors on the selected song ]

So just skins with custom containers, and provide onclick actions can do it.
e.g.
play a album if in library when content for albums is used and browse artist info
onclick built inaction PlayMedia(musicdb://albums/$INFO[Container(3201).ListItem.dbid]/) , using content path musicdb://albums/$INFO[Container(3201).ListItem.dbid]/

https://streamable.com/3u7cb8
Skins |  Titan M O D   •   S W A N (WIP)
Isn't there also the problem that the list of tracks could be different from what you actually have due to the info that was scraped?
(2021-10-06, 10:33)Hitcher Wrote: Isn't there also the problem that the list of tracks could be different from what you actually have due to the info that was scraped?
No problem with that @Hitcher, the album info dialog is for albums in the librray only and the songs are those in the library too. If user has only some tracks from an album then that is all that the dialog can show. We never scrape track lists.

Perhaps you are thinking of showing the artists discography on the artist info dialog, that is a mix of the albums in the library and scraped results. Obviously only the ones in the library could be played.

As for making something play when clicked, that is skinning mysteries to me and I can't comment.
(2021-10-06, 11:49)DaveBlake Wrote: Perhaps you are thinking of showing the artists discography on the artist info dialog, that is a mix of the albums in the library and scraped results. Obviously only the ones in the library could be played.

That's probably right.

(2021-10-06, 11:49)DaveBlake Wrote: As for making something play when clicked, that is skinning mysteries to me and I can't comment.

There is (was?) an addon that allowed skins to do this IIRC.
(2021-10-06, 18:52)Hitcher Wrote:
(2021-10-06, 11:49)DaveBlake Wrote: Perhaps you are thinking of showing the artists discography on the artist info dialog, that is a mix of the albums in the library and scraped results. Obviously only the ones in the library could be played.

That's probably right.

(2021-10-06, 11:49)DaveBlake Wrote: As for making something play when clicked, that is skinning mysteries to me and I can't comment.

There is (was?) an addon that allowed skins to do this IIRC.
That's script.playalbum (in Kodi addon repo).

scott s.
(2021-10-04, 02:20)scott967 Wrote: I approximate that by adding a new button on the album info that runs the play album script passing the selected track from the tracklist as a parameter viz
Code:
RunScript(script.playalbum,albumid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&tracknr=$INFO[Container(50).ListItem.TrackNumber])

scott s.
@1a2b3c4d , I do the same thing that @scott967 does.  @mardukL is correct in that the skin needs to use a custom container (not the default container with id 50), so that you can customize the onclick action.  So, in the case of Amber, the onclick for my custom track container is the following:

xml:

<onclick condition="System.AddonIsEnabled(script.playalbum)">RunScript(script.playalbum,albumid=$INFO[ListItem.DBID]&tracknr=$INFO[Container(90050).ListItem.Label2])</onclick>

The custom container 90050 has the track title in Label and the track number in Label2.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
(2021-10-04, 02:20)scott967 Wrote: I approximate that by adding a new button on the album info that runs the play album script passing the selected track from the tracklist as a parameter viz
Code:

scott s.
Is that only in Aeon or will it work in Estuary? If the latter, which files do I need to edit to implement your solution?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playing individual songs from Album Information page0