Kodi Cant install Add-Ons or updates
Hello Team

I was running Kodi 18.9 on Xbox ONE S
It was running fine until a couple of days ago.
I re-installed Kodi updated my library and when trying to view a trailer I was prompted to install the Youtube add-on and this time round I got an error stating "installation failed"

On further investigation, it would seem now if I uninstall any add-on or even a media scrapper I get "Installation Failed"
So I tried to uninstall Kodi and re-install it and now nothing installs updates or add-ons.
I've even gone as far as resetting my Xbox back to factory settings and created new profiles and yet still get the same error.

So my question is how can I access my Xbox to get these logs as I can't install the Log uploader so I'm at a loss at what to do next.
As you can see from the several other threads in this section, things are broken at the moment for Leia and XBox thanks to Microsoft.

We're looking into getting it fixed (probably via a Matrix release), but for the moment all there's nothing to be done on the user side.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2021-10-02, 13:31)Humdrumv Wrote: Hello Team

I was running Kodi 18.9 on Xbox ONE S
It was running fine until a couple of days ago.
I re-installed Kodi updated my library and when trying to view a trailer I was prompted to install the Youtube add-on and this time round I got an error stating "installation failed"

On further investigation, it would seem now if I uninstall any add-on or even a media scrapper I get "Installation Failed"
So I tried to uninstall Kodi and re-install it and now nothing installs updates or add-ons.
I've even gone as far as resetting my Xbox back to factory settings and created new profiles and yet still get the same error.

So my question is how can I access my Xbox to get these logs as I can't install the Log uploader so I'm at a loss at what to do next.

To get a copy of your log file just use file manager and copy the log to a usb
I'm having the same exact issue on my Xbox series X. I had to reset mine to factory because of an issue I was having with my Xbox. When I went back to install My kodi build, nothing would update, can't install log file, or anything. Please help
Read the announcement at the top of this forum.

Kodi Leia on XBox is broken due the recent LetsEncrypt root certificate expiration. It is now dead and will not work ever again.

Kodi Matrix v19.2 has been submitted to the App Store, and is currently awaiting checks and approval from MS before it becomes available to users. There's nothing that can be done from our side to accelerate this - all we (and you) can do is wait).

Note that Matrix is Python 3 based, and so any addons written for Leia (Python 2 based) will not work with it unless they have been updated with a version released for Matrix (translated from Python 2 to Python 3).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Muchas gracias por aclararlo esperaremos hasta que Microsoft suba kodi Matrix ,como podremos saberlo?
(2021-10-18, 13:52)Juanpe76 Wrote: Muchas gracias

Please note that this is an English-ONLY forum. Use a translating service such as Google Translate when necessary.
You can download it from the store when it appears on the store and is available for download... Wink

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill IF Kodi is so broken why does MS not remove this from the app store until further notice. Just checked and its still allows you to download this broken app.
That's a question for them, not us...

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Cant install Add-Ons or updates0