Amber Keeps Changing Views
I've been using Amber for a couple of years now and it is hands-down the best Kodi skin out there. Great work and much appreciated!

I do have one issue that I've never been able to figure out. Originally I thought this might've been related to my Windows Kodi instance, or my Harmony remote, but I recently moved to a completely fresh install on a Shield and it's still happening.

What I'm seeing is this: I have pretty much all of my media views set to Icon. I would say a few times a day (usually the first time I enter either my TV or Movies section during that Kodi startup), it will show the expected Icons view, and then switch to List view automatically after about 2-3 seconds. I then need to switch back to Icons where it will usually stick until I close and reopen Kodi. 

I've tested out multiple other skins and have not seen a repeat of this behavior, so it is specific to Amber. I even tried renaming the List view from xml to bak, but then it just switches to whatever the next view is. 

I can try to isolate this in a log file if need be. Kinda hoping that maybe someone else has run into this and there's a known fix for it.
(2021-10-06, 03:18)quixote23 Wrote: I've tested out multiple other skins and have not seen a repeat of this behavior, so it is specific to Amber. I even tried renaming the List view from xml to bak, but then it just switches to whatever the next view is. 

@quixote23 , first of all, thank you for your kind words.

As to the issue that you mention, I have not experienced this, and I run Kodi 19.1 under Windows.  A debug log would be helpful, so please provide one when you can.  

If I understand correctly, this happens on your media views, for library content; is this correct? The reason I ask is that if you are viewing content from addons, sometimes addons do not set the content type correctly, and thus Kodi/Amber do not "remember" correctly the view that you used last for that content type.  

Are you using the new view type selector? (You have to enable this in Amber settings). If you are, do you have the most recent version of addon script.skinvariables? I ask since the Kodi repo version is old and had some issues.

If you are using the new view type selector, then you can configure what view type you want to ALWAYS have for different content types.  This is possible due to the addon script.skinvariables.  If you want, you can take a look at this post: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3063364.  There I explain to another user how to set view types for an addon, but the same steps (using Library instead of plugin views) apply to set the view types for library content.

Regards,

Bart
Amber Maintainer
Main HTPC: Intel Core i7, 32GB, nVidia GTX1080, Windows 11 Soundbar: Samsung HW-Q950A TV: LG CX Kodi: 19.3 Skin: Amber
Thank you for the reply!

I'm still investigating this, but I can confirm that I wasn't using the new views option... I wasn't sure what was actually required to enable it until you mentioned installing the dependency script.skinvariables.

I haven't had that much of a chance to test Kodi since enabling this option but from what I can tell so far the issue is much, much better and might actually be fixed. Will update once I get a chance to properly run through some testing!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amber Keeps Changing Views0