Views - stuck on a modding issue and need direction
What I am trying to do is mod View-499 (Small Icons)  Attached below is a screenshot of what it currently looks like

As you can see there is supposed to be a division between the panel showing the movie posters and the information about the focused item with the dividing line being in a light blue colour.  The problem is that the panel with the film posters overlaps the dividing line which it should not.  This happens in a number of views.

In View_500 (Icons) I was able to fix the issue by simply moving the panel with the posters up slightly.  But in Small Icons view there is no room - and somewhat to my surprise the dividing line is slightly further up the screen in the Small Icons view compared to the Icons view and there is no need for that.

I have been hunting through the xmls, specifically MyVideoNav.xml, View_499SmallIcons.xml...I even tried Include_Backgrounds.xml and Includes_CommonValues.xml but I just cannot spot the code that tells Kodi where to put the info section background including the blue border and where either there is a <top> command or an animation slide command that moves the background and border line further up the screen compared to Icons View.

Rather than continuing to hit my head against a brick wall, could someone please point me to the right part of the xmls to amend to the way I want this view to look
The line is supposed to be the floor that the view "sits" on. If you want to move it about then I suggest adding or modifying the slide animations for the floor image in Includes_Backgrounds.xml starting at line #60

xml:

<control type="group">
<visible>![Window.IsVisible(home) | Control.IsVisible(51) + Skin.HasSetting(Enable.AlternateInfowall) | Control.IsVisible(59) | Control.IsVisible(501) | Control.IsVisible(502) | Control.IsVisible(503) | Control.IsVisible(504) | Control.IsVisible(505) | Control.IsVisible(506) + Container.Content(movies) + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(506.movies.ViewFloorStatus)) | Control.IsVisible(506) + Container.Content(sets) + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(506.sets.ViewFloorStatus)) | Control.IsVisible(506) + [Container.Content(tvshows) | Container.Content(seasons)] + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(506.tvshows.ViewFloorStatus)) | Control.IsVisible(506) + Container.Content(episodes) + !String.IsEmpty(Skin.String(506.episodes.ViewFloorStatus)) | Control.IsVisible(506) + Window.IsActive(music) | Control.IsVisible(507) + Skin.HasSetting(alternatebiglistlayout)]</visible>
<include>ViewAnimation</include>
<animation effect="slide" end="0,57" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="![Control.IsVisible(52) | Control.IsVisible(53) | Control.IsVisible(54) | Control.IsVisible(56) | Control.IsVisible(57) | Control.IsVisible(58)] | Window.IsActive(1140)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" end="0,42" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(53)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" end="0,40" time="0" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) | Control.IsVisible(53) + Container.Content(genres)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" end="0,-60" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(56) | Control.IsVisible(499) | Control.IsVisible(601)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,80" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(602) | Control.IsVisible(603)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,94" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(506)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,151" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(507) | Window.IsActive(addoninformation)">Conditional</animation>
<animation effect="slide" start="0,0" end="0,50" time="320" tween="cubic" easing="out" condition="Control.IsVisible(50) | Control.IsVisible(509) | Window.IsVisible(weather) | Window.IsVisible(SettingsCategory.xml) | Window.IsActive(skinsettings) | Window.IsActive(systeminfo) | Window.IsActive(profiles)">Conditional</animation>
<control type="image">
<width>100%</width>
<height>1266</height>
<texture colordiffuse="$VAR[ThemeLabelColor]">floor.png</texture>
</control>
</control>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Views - stuck on a modding issue and need direction0