Over time the images become more and more pixelated
Hi

I have a problem with thumbnails. Concerns Poster Fanart Actors.
Over time the images become more and more pixelated. The artefacts become coarser and coarser.
What can be the reason for this? Wrong settings? Change of screen resolution while running Kofi?

Could it be because the screen resolution is changed while Kodi is running? For example, through the HDMI signal?

It annoys me. Can anyone give me a tip?

Many greetings 
Kodi 18.5
MacOs 10.12.
Screen resolutions: 1360x768@60 Hz or 1920x1080@60 Hz (change by HDMI cable)
(2021-10-09, 10:56)siegkuer Wrote: I have a problem with thumbnails. Concerns Poster Fanart Actors.
Over time the images become more and more pixelated. The artefacts become coarser and coarser.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-10-09, 11:09)OTinley Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I am unable to create a debut log.
(2021-10-13, 20:09)siegkuer Wrote: I am unable to create a debut log.

Why?

Also, both your images on the Kodinerds forum are unavailable to unregistered Kodinerds forum visitors.
Use the i-button in the text editor menu above for uploading images.
A known issue, and the suggested fixes appear to be in the routines that re-size thumbnails to manageable size for quick system retrieval and as more episodes are added, and then metadata exported, the image degrades. My solution is to not export TV series (curtail the TV export, or leave the source off-line) but once in a blue moon, then refresh images that have degraded from the source folders. Tip: Keep more than 1 poster & fanart with the folder, which will be untouched on an export and can be retrieved if needed.

From the wiki section Import-export library (wiki) :-> 4 A Note on Artwork: The optimized image from Kodi's Artwork/Cache is exported, rather than the original full-quality image, so it is best to avoid exporting artwork if at all possible.
(2021-10-14, 17:48)PatK Wrote: A known issue, and the suggested fixes appear to be in the routines that re-size thumbnails to manageable size for quick system retrieval and as more episodes are added, and then metadata exported, the image degrades. My solution is to not export TV series (curtail the TV export, or leave the source off-line) but once in a blue moon, then refresh images that have degraded from the source folders. Tip: Keep more than 1 poster & fanart with the folder, which will be untouched on an export and can be retrieved if needed.

From the wiki section Import-export library (wiki) :-> 4 A Note on Artwork: The optimized image from Kodi's Artwork/Cache is exported, rather than the original full-quality image, so it is best to avoid exporting artwork if at all possible.
Thanks for the advice !!
I was not aware of this.
(2021-10-15, 22:47)siegkuer Wrote: I was not aware of this.
It's to a lessor extent with movies if not updating or overwriting on export. Artwork dump & Artwork Beef keep plenty of options in the folder.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Over time the images become more and more pixelated0