Solved No Audio on newer Video files
Has anyone had a problem with getting audio playing in some of the new videos?  I can play sound just fine in VLC but if I go to Kodi and load one of these videos, just before the video plays the screen turns green and sound completely stops in Kodi.  Even the menu clicks as you go between items stops clicking until you play a file that DOES play sound.  I don't know if it's a CODEC issue in Kodi or something else.  Anyone?

Silvercloak
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
(2021-10-13, 16:00)asavah Wrote: To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum

Thanks next time I may do that.  I ended up wiping out my entire Kodi installation and reinstalling and that seemed to have fixed the issue.  If it crops up again - I'll post a log here.

Silvercloak
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Audio on newer Video files0