Music playback error
Hi,
I am using Kodi (19.1) to play my music collection over my home network. 
The music files are located in a shared file and accessed via samba.
Everything was working correctly until today.
Now, when I try to play a file, the song starts to play (1-2 seconds) and I get a pop-up:

"Select emulator for .string(BLURRADIUS,10) file"
with a suggestion to install addon "Rick Dangerous (XRick) v0.21212.0.9)
If I install the addon, the file still won't play (with a different pop-up error about being unable to load the game)

For some reason Kodi thinks the music files are game files?

I have deleted the music library and reinstalled, but I'm still getting the same error(s)

Also, Kodi running in other locations throughout the house is working fine.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

Thanks
@Funky_K

That sounds weird. Please replicate the problem and capture it in a Debug Log.

What format are your music files- mp3, flac, other?

Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-12, 02:43)Karellen Wrote: @Funky_K

That sounds weird. Please replicate the problem and capture it in a Debug Log.

What format are your music files- mp3, flac, other?

Thanks.
I have both flac and mp3... getting the same error with both file types

Also, I just noticed that my Nvidia Shield has automatically updated Kodi to v19.2
This must be what has caused the problem.

Here is the log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/efifewulas.kodi
(2021-10-12, 03:10)Funky_K Wrote: Here is the log:
https://paste.kodi.tv/efifewulas.kodi
You have a number of Banned Add-ons (wiki) installed which need to removed for help on this forum. They are the items in Orange in the log, as well as a couple of the blue ones.

The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Also, which skin are you using?
Can you switch back to default Estuary and see if the problem is there also?
My Signature
(2021-10-12, 04:07)Karellen Wrote: Also, which skin are you using?
Can you switch back to default Estuary and see if the problem is there also?
Switching back to Estuary fixed the problem.
Aeon Nox: Silvo must be the culprit
Thanks!
(2021-10-12, 06:16)Funky_K Wrote: Aeon Nox: Silvo must be the culprit
Yea, it looks like a bad keystroke mapping. Line 353 of your log.
My Signature
Problem is fixed.  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=364902

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playback error0