Android Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro How to change circle button in Remote (KodI)
Wink 
I just bought a Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro.

While in Kodi when i press the circle button while playing back a movie - i see the nvidia shield home screen

Is there a way when pressing the circle button while in Kodi and playing back a movie the movie to be stopped?

thank you
Nicolas
If all you want to do is pause the movie you are watching then pressing the dedicated Pause/Play button on the 2019 remote will do the job. If alternatively you want the full control panel displayed then pressing in the middle of the main control wheel on the remote should bring a playing video or movie's control panel at the bottom of the screen. You can then choose any of the displayed motion control buttons including Stop, skip forward and back, fast forward and back etc.
--
JB
Install Android app "Button Mapper"

It allows you to remap most of the remote buttons.

I also find it really confusing that there is no dedicated "Stop"-button, so I mapped the annoying Netflix button to Stop.

Button Mapper can assign different function if you double click or hold the button. So you can have three functions per key.

The paid version can even send out HTTP GET and POST requests. I can control my home automation to toggle living room lights etc! Amazing stuff. Smile
(2021-10-14, 21:51)JBA6 Wrote: If all you want to do is pause the movie you are watching then pressing the dedicated Pause/Play button on the 2019 remote will do the job. If alternatively you want the full control panel displayed then pressing in the middle of the main control wheel on the remote should bring a playing video or movie's control panel at the bottom of the screen. You can then choose any of the displayed motion control buttons including Stop, skip forward and back, fast forward and back etc.
--
JB
thank you for your answer... 
but when stopping a movie i am used to push one button.. (like on VHS Smile ).... 
i hope there is a solution... if there isnt then i have to follow the way you propose..
(2021-10-15, 08:21)Zuikkis Wrote: Install Android app "Button Mapper"

I also find it really confusing that there is no dedicated "Stop"-button, so I mapped the annoying Netflix button to Stop.

Button Mapper can assign different function if you double click or hold the button. So you can have three functions per key.

The paid version can even send out HTTP GET and POST requests. I can control my home automation to toggle living room lights etc! Amazing stuff. Smile
If you can help me
Downloaded Button Mapper...
then
Add Button
I press the circle button
then i chose something about movie playback -> stop..

But when in Kody when i press the circle button it takes me to the nvidia homescreen..

Can you help ?
I just use the back button to stop playback.

(2017-11-26, 10:12)Hitcher Wrote: I also prefer to stop the video when pressing back so I added this my keymap -

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <backspace>Stop</backspace>
        </keyboard>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

If you don't want to mess around editing keymaps you can also use the Keymap Editor addon - just edit the 'fullscreen video' back function to stop.
(2021-10-15, 14:26)solamnic Wrote:

If you can help me
then
Add Button

But when in Kody when i press the circle button it takes me to the nvidia homescreen..

Can you help ?

Hmm, see Button Mapper settings, there is an alternate operation method in case to default one doesn't work. I think I needed to check that setting as well.

I haven't altered the circle button myself, though. Just the netflix button.

BTW. If you long press the back button (hold it), it actually performs "Stop". But that doesn't seem to always happen, perhaps only when video is playing.
(2021-10-15, 15:57)Hitcher Wrote: I just use the back button to stop playback.
(2017-11-26, 10:12)Hitcher Wrote: I also prefer to stop the video when pressing back so I added this my keymap -

xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<keymap>
    <FullscreenVideo>
        <keyboard>
            <backspace>Stop</backspace>
        </keyboard>
    </FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

If you don't want to mess around editing keymaps you can also use the Keymap Editor addon - just edit the 'fullscreen video' back function to stop.

Thank you .. it works and its really helpful since i couldnt make the ciricle button to stop the movie...
(2021-10-15, 16:30)Zuikkis Wrote:
(2021-10-15, 14:26)solamnic Wrote:

If you can help me
then
Add Button

Can you help ?

Hmm, see Button Mapper settings, there is an alternate operation method in case to default one doesn't work. I think I needed to check that setting as well.

I haven't altered the circle button myself, though. Just the netflix button.

BTW. If you long press the back button (hold it), it actually performs "Stop". But that doesn't seem to always happen, perhaps only when video is playing.

Long pressing isnt an option for my wife Smile (dont know how they tend to forget simple things when it comes to technology and remember everything else Smile Smile Smile )

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro How to change circle button in Remote (KodI)0