Add-on development: Custom button in the movie information dialog
I'm currently writing an add-on very similar to cinema vision, just more bare bones. I absolutely love the idea of cinema vision and similar add-ons but I wanted an add-on which you could simply install and point to a folder and it would be done. The add-on is basically complete but I'm tweaking a few things and adding some simple functionality. One thing I’m having trouble adding is a button to start it in the movie information window similar to that in cinema vision (see picture). I've tried analyzing the code from several add-ons to find how this is done but haven't been able to figure it out yet... Is this easily accomplished or will I waste a huge amount of time getting it to work? Any help or tips is greatly appreciated. It should be noted that it's my first ever add-on and I am not overly acquainted with python but I'm taking it step by step. Big Grin

you can stop wasting your time since python addons can not add buttons to a skin.
such buttons need to be added by the skin developer.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2021-10-17, 01:52)ronie Wrote: you can stop wasting your time since python addons can not add buttons to a skin.

Or just edit the skin and add your own
(2021-10-17, 02:27)spl147 Wrote:
(2021-10-17, 01:52)ronie Wrote: you can stop wasting your time since python addons can not add buttons to a skin.

Or just edit the skin and add your own
Ooh yeah, that might be an option! Big Grin Do you know where in the estuary files I should start looking and is it easy to save those modifications and install the modified skin on some of my other devices?
Thanks for the answer but I just got an idea. If python addons can't add buttons, that would mean that the cinema mode button which cinema vision utilizes is an asset from the estuary skin right? Would it be possible for me to utilize that button in a similar manner since I'm not gonna use cinema vision anyways when my addon is complete?
if it's for personal use, sure, you can just modify the estuary skin.
you can change this part to run your addon instead of cinemavision:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/97936f...#L534-L541
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2021-10-18, 02:52)ronie Wrote: if it's for personal use, sure, you can just modify the estuary skin.
you can change this part to run your addon instead of cinemavision:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/97936f...#L534-L541
Yeah it's for personal use for the time being. Thank you so much for the helpful response!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on development: Custom button in the movie information dialog0