Timeshifting works poorly on 720p video
Has anyone else experienced problems timeshifting 720p video? It doesn't matter if we're talking about live TV or a recording, the computation of the shift amount winds up going all the way back to the beginning of the program and stalling.

For example, this morning I was watching GMA (720p) which was at the time, 15 minutes behind real time (FYI, I deliberately watch time delayed live TV so I can skip commercials). At the 47 minute mark, I tried to go back 1 minute and nothing happened. Clicking select on my remote I could see that the time indicator had moved back to the start of the program. Although the time indicator was moving forward, no video was playing.

Another example was a recording of the Wonder Years, a 30 minute show in 720p. As I was skipping over commercials I got to the 20 minute mark when the next timeshift of 3 minutes resulted in no action. Clicking select on my remote showed the time indicator had gone back to the beginning of the show. And just like my previous example, I could see the time indicator moving forward but the screen frozen at the last displayed image.

I'd like to note that 1080i video does not exhibit these problems - only 720p video.
No.  All my STB recordings via the HDPVR are forced to 720p and they make up the majority of viewing on timeshift testing too so I would have noticed this.    Resolution shouldn't impact playback either so it would be something else.

Martin
(2021-10-17, 16:23)emveepee Wrote: No.  All my STB recordings via the HDPVR are forced to 720p and they make up the majority of viewing on timeshift testing too so I would have noticed this.    Resolution shouldn't impact playback either so it would be something else.

Martin
I tried playing back the same recording on my Windows laptop and had no problem with timeshifting. It appears the problem is with Raspberry Pi4s running LibreELEC. I'll contact them about this and other issues.

Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshifting works poorly on 720p video0