Studio Icons - White; Installation Failed
After I upgraded from Matrix 19.1 to 19.2, I keep getting the message:
"Studio Icons - White; Installation Failed "

I do not have this add-on but Kodi is for some reason trying to install it and it fails. 
What is it? Why does it try to install it?

If the install cannot easily be fixed, how can I stop Kodi from trying to install it?
(2021-10-18, 05:03)viking2 Wrote: I do not have this add-on but Kodi is for some reason trying to install it and it fails. 
It is installed by default in Kodi when using some skins and it provides the studio logos.
Exit Kodi
Go to C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\
Look for resource.images.studios.white
Delete that folder, and Kodi should be able to reinstall the update when you restart.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-18, 05:10)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-18, 05:03)viking2 Wrote: I do not have this add-on but Kodi is for some reason trying to install it and it fails. 
It is installed by default in Kodi when using some skins and it provides the studio logos.
Exit Kodi
Go to C:\Users\<yourUserName>\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\
Look for resource.images.studios.white
Delete that folder, and Kodi should be able to reinstall the update when you restart.
Thanks! I had installed it as a portable, and found the folder here:
\Kodi_19-Portable\portable_data\addons\resource.images.studios.white

Just curious; why did this happen? Why was it necessary to delete the folder after upgrading to 19.2?
(2021-10-18, 10:46)viking2 Wrote: Just curious; why did this happen? Why was it necessary to delete the folder after upgrading to 19.2?
It happens to me to on both my Windows systems, and I have no idea why.
Some updates work, then others get stuck and I have to delete the folder and let it install again. It only ever happens with the White or Coloured versions of the Studio Icons addon.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Studio Icons - White; Installation Failed0