Req Add support for color depth media flags like SDR, HDR, HDR+, Dolby Vision
Is it possible to read the color depth/mode used from a video file and store it in an info label? I am thinking of media flags like SDR (default), HDR, HDR+ and Dolby Vision. I know the possibility to name file names accordingly(e.g. myvideo.10bit.mkv for HDR), but this method is cumbersome and unsafe, because the naming of a file says nothing about the actual color depth or other properties.

Regards
+1
PR #19983

Detect, store and process the type of HDR in a video file
PR has now been merged.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Is this featrure in the last from KodiSetup-20220109-bd795848-master-x64.exe included?
I see only HDR10 in this build and not DolbyVision
If the files were already in your library, then you will have to refresh them from the videoinfo dialog to pick up the flags.  If they are newly scanned and the HDR10 flag is being displayed then I would expect the dolbyvision flag to also display.

I'm not sure which nightly it was first included in...
A have make now a clean installation from KodiSetup-20220109-bd795848-master-x64.exe and the Estuary skin show only HDR10 and not DolbyVision and not HDR10+

I think i must wait for the next build.
(2022-01-11, 18:31)Koloss Wrote: not HDR10+

There is no HDR10+ flag.  It is not possible currently for FFmpeg (and hence Kodi) to detect HDR10+ without actually playing the file.  If you are seeing HDR10 flags in Estuary but no dolbyvision flags, then please grab a debug log (wiki) of you playing a few seconds of a file you expect to be flagged as dolbyvision and upload it to a paste site, pasting the link to it here.

Thanks.
I test it with many DV Files, same problem.

I tested with Windows 10, in Windows give not DolbyVision. Is this the problem?

In the practice i look DolbyVision files with Shield Pro 2019, i have not tested on it.
(2022-01-11, 23:10)Koloss Wrote: I tested with Windows 10, in Windows give not DolbyVision. Is this the problem?

The detection for the flags is the same on all platforms.  However, I can't help you further without that debug log (wiki).  I need to see what Kodi see's when it starts to play one of the dv files.

FWIW, this is what you should see in Estuary

i send it do you tomorrow.
I have tested the last kodinerds Build "kodinerds-20220112-581410fb-master-ATV-154-arm64-v8a.apk" and now i see the DolbyVision Icon.
Very cool thank you !!!

The problem with Windows i have sendet do you via PM
In the Today Windows Build also did not detect DolbyVision.
(2022-01-13, 13:06)Koloss Wrote: In the Today Windows Build also did not detect DolbyVision.

Yes, this is because the version of ffmpeg that Kodi currently uses can only detect DV in mp4 files, not mkv.  That support has been added to ffmpeg recently though.  Therefore until either our version of ffmpeg is patched to detect dv in mkv files (unlikely), or we bump the version to 5 (no eta and not my call anyway) this will remain the case.
Why detect the Shield Kodinerds Build DolbyVision?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add support for color depth media flags like SDR, HDR, HDR+, Dolby Vision0