Nvidia Shield TV Pro - Use external storage for DB/images/etc.
So had a problem with a firetv 4k cube, upon update using emby next gen it maxed out the internal storage pretty fast, there was no way to stop it, so I basically had to nuke it and start over... Trying to stay ahead of that curveball, I'm setting up a shield tv pro with Kodi, I may also move emby as the server to that box, but that's a future thing. For now I'd like to make sure the kodi install will use the external usb stick for storage of all that data (about 18gb and growing). Don't really care if it uses up the internal as long as it leaves whatever amount the os wants as reserve so I don't have the same fiasco again. Can anyone point me to a instruction set on how to do that?

It may be as simple as adding the storage and mounting it, idonno...?
(2021-10-20, 18:34)bikesquid Wrote: So had a problem with a firetv 4k cube, upon update using emby next gen it maxed out the internal storage pretty fast, there was no way to stop it, so I basically had to nuke it and start over... Trying to stay ahead of that curveball, I'm setting up a shield tv pro with Kodi, I may also move emby as the server to that box, but that's a future thing. For now I'd like to make sure the kodi install will use the external usb stick for storage of all that data (about 18gb and growing). Don't really care if it uses up the internal as long as it leaves whatever amount the os wants as reserve so I don't have the same fiasco again. Can anyone point me to a instruction set on how to do that?

It may be as simple as adding the storage and mounting it, idonno...?
yep ..
use it as extended storage... (just get a fast usb drive... or an external ssd)
So if I have a usb3 reader and a Samsung 64GB EVO UHS-I microSDXC Memory Card
 with the specs below, no bueno, must shop again?

I'm not using it for anything else, just kodi DB stuff, all library files are on the NAS...

UHS-I / U1 / Class 10
Max. Read Speed: 100 MB/s
Min. Write Speed: 10 MB/s
10mb/s write speed i think it will slow your system down if used as extended storage
There is also a documented way to specify .kodi folder location on Android:

https://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_dat...or_Android

This has the advantage that you can keep the external drive formatted normally, so it can be read also in a PC to make backup and copy files over etc.

If you use Android's "extended storage" feature, it will encrypt the whole drive and it's no longer readable on PC.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nvidia Shield TV Pro - Use external storage for DB/images/etc.0