Movie set by HD folder
Hi all,

would be helpful if movie sets could be defined by HD folder, instead of adding each movie manually. Is that possible??

Thanks much!
(2021-10-21, 10:40)dertyp0815 Wrote: Is that possible??
No.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-21, 10:50)Karellen Wrote: No.
Not even a workaround? An addon that does the job?? It's just too tedious doing it manually for large collections..
(2021-10-21, 11:20)dertyp0815 Wrote: Not even a workaround?
Nope, not even a workaround. It is not Kodi that creates the movie set, it is the scraper site. That information is scraped, Kodi sees the Set data and creates the set.

How is it you have all these movies without a set? Or are you making your own set like sports or home movies?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-21, 11:42)Karellen Wrote: Nope, not even a workaround. It is not Kodi that creates the movie set, it is the scraper site. That information is scraped, Kodi sees the Set data and creates the set.

How is it you have all these movies without a set? Or are you making your own set like sports or home movies?
Sort of. Movies are grouped into folders by type, like "Japanese masters" or "B-movies". Custom criteria not captured by any scraper-site, nor can they be defined through other parameters like genre or language. Given that sets can also be defined manually, including through info-files, grouping them by disk folder should be a feature simple to implement? Like: all movies in folder [custom path] belong to set [custom set name].
(2021-10-21, 12:24)dertyp0815 Wrote: Given that sets can also be defined manually, including through info-files, grouping them by disk folder should be a feature simple to implement?
No. Too many cases of unexpected results. Users may group movies, but not necessarily want to create a set.

The problem is what you are doing is the wrong approach.

You need to create a Smart playlists (wiki) then add Custom home items (wiki). Forget the movie sets.
My Signature
(2021-10-21, 12:24)dertyp0815 Wrote:
(2021-10-21, 11:42)Karellen Wrote: Nope, not even a workaround. It is not Kodi that creates the movie set, it is the scraper site. That information is scraped, Kodi sees the Set data and creates the set.

Sort of. Movies are grouped into folders by type, like "Japanese masters" or "B-movies". Custom criteria not captured by any scraper-site, nor can they be defined through other parameters like genre or language. Given that sets can also be defined manually, including through info-files, grouping them by disk folder should be a feature simple to implement? Like: all movies in folder [custom path] belong to set [custom set name].

Keeping it simple, use tags to group (or just look at 'Files' to view the smb folders)- then you can create whatever you like.

I currently use TMM to add the tags after I have scraped and before I add to the Kodi library, Kodi also has a built-in Tag routine to create, add, delete, then add file.

Note this is 'in addition to' no shortcuts, don't rely on pre-existing meta-data you have to put some effort in for it to work

I can view each smb folder, Anime, TV-Series, Film - groups, James Bond, 4K etc. tag and instantly check library totals against actuals

Using the Amber skin, Bart has developed and recently added a feature specifically using Tags
As far as I know, there is no limit to sources you can add.  Just configure your hard drives into master folders the way you want your sets to be and add individual sources for each "set".  This is pretty much what you could also do with playlists.  It just depends which way you want to go.

For example, if "Japanese Masters" are on one drive in one specific master folder, add that as your source.  Name it Japanese Masters, and give it a unique thumbnail.  If you ever expand to another drive, just add that drive and specific folder to your source and rescan.

Then, when you want to watch, just go into Video-Files (or, if you have a skin that allows you to change your home screen, you can put it there), select that source and away you go.  No need for sets.  Let sources do it for you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie set by HD folder0