Show Information no longer working for me. What did I do wrong?
Had to reinstall Kodi the other day because it could no longer find one folder on my server. But in so doing, I lost the "Show Information" functionality. I can choose "Show Information" as the default action when I choose a video file, but it does straight to playback. Similarly, if I set the default action to "Choose," when I choose "Show Information" it still just goes to playback. This is also the case on my Android Kodi installation on Shield TV. What did I break and how can I fix it?  Smile
(2021-10-22, 06:17)GZRGaMeR Wrote: Show Information
This is a library only feature. Have you scanned/scraped your media into the library?

Provide a Debug Log that captures you trying to "Show Information".
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-22, 06:46)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-22, 06:17)GZRGaMeR Wrote: Show Information
This is a library only feature. Have you scanned/scraped your media into the library?

Provide a Debug Log that captures you trying to "Show Information".
Thanks for the reply. You got me thinking. I have scanned my library but I'm using a unfied SQL DB on my server for my Kodi installations/devices throughout the house. I may well have broken something there. Before I take up your time with a debug log, I'll go back over my setup to make sure that isn't the problem.  Smile
(2021-10-23, 08:15)GZRGaMeR Wrote: I have scanned my library but I'm using a unfied SQL DB on my server
Ah, your problem is most likely a buffer_size issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357217
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2021-10-23, 08:18)Karellen Wrote:
(2021-10-23, 08:15)GZRGaMeR Wrote: I have scanned my library but I'm using a unfied SQL DB on my server
Ah, your problem is most likely a buffer_size issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=357217
Thanks for the suggestion. However, the actual problem was Stupid User Tricks, Karellen.  Smile  I realized that I didn't have all the same scrapers installed on all my Kodi devices which made info display spotty. Sincerely appreciate your willingness to help.  Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show Information no longer working for me. What did I do wrong?0