• 13(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2022-04-10, 03:25)rbmcgee Wrote: I followed your directions and got exactly what I got before (a seemingly 2d image but in fact a 3d image)

To summarize:
1) No doubt about it, the source is a ripped 1920x1080@23+ full 3D source (no copy protection to possibly screw with anything).  For proof, you're going to have to trust me on this one.
2) Kodi believes the source is 3D and properly invokes Windows 3D setting and uses the intel graphics engine for acceleration.  For proof, see one of the previous photos.
3) Kodi believes it is showing a 1920x1080@23+ 3D movie.  For proof see the photo when pressing "O".
4) The projector believes it is receiving a frame-packed 3D 1920x1080@23+ image  For proof, see one of the previous photos.
5) By looking at the movie without the glasses, it appears 2D.  For proof, see one of the previous photos.
6) By looking at the movie through the glasses, you can see it is a frame-packed 3D image because the right eye has video and the left eye is black.  For proof, you're going to have to trust me on this one.

All of the photos are actual photographs of the screen and not snips or captures.

I don't understand coding, but somewhere within the software the left-side video plane is not getting properly transmitted to the graphics engine.  Perhaps it is getting properly transmitted but the graphics driver is fumbling the ball.  I've now tried 2 different drivers to the exact same effect.

I am stumped how some people seem to have success with the following specs:

Kodi 3D fork 19.4
Frame-packed full 3D source
Frame-packed full 3D display

That I cannot explain.

What was your golden reference system where it worked? Meaning which major windows ver (8, 8.1, 10, 11) and most importantly kodi ver.

The steps i provided above rule all off most of my new additions so it leaves changes done on the kodi official releases and the changes i done to adapt the mvc patches for the official kodi code changes.

When working in stereoscopic mode kodi always attempts to write to both eyes before calling the render function that send it via directx to the display. If one of the eyes is too slow to render maybe its doing a framedrop on the backbuffer (frame queue per eye). Sadly framedrops are not logged in the official kodi code due to performance risks.
I will search for the place where it decide to do a framedrop and add a log entry. Please bear in mind that this is a part of the code that i had yet to visit so it might take a few days and it will be a test build that does not fix the issue, it only log framedrops on either eyes to verify if this is the case you encounter.
It was Windows 10 but I have no idea the version.  I don't remember the driver and I don't even remember the Kodi version but I do remember that I didn't rush to update Kodi even when it bugged me.  Sorry about that.

When Windows and Intel moved on, 3D finally stopped working and that's when I found out Kodi no longer supports 3d.  I decided it was not worth freezing the machine.  It was then I also learned that even if Kodi did not support 3D, I could still watch half3D on my LGTV (as described earlier).

I am glad that somebody is attempting to bring 3D back to Kodi.

For the rest ... I'll wait.  Thanx.
I am waaaay out of my league here, but...

Realizing Kodi is having a wee-wee about 4K, perhaps...

1) If I had a 4k display this fork would work properly (my projector is 1080p).  Full frames galore!
2) There is no way for full 3D to work with the current Kodi engine.  4k vs 3D was an absolute fork in the road.
3) There is a solution, but it has not been discovered yet.
(2022-04-10, 06:03)damagedspline Wrote: I will search for the place where it decide to do a framedrop and add a log entry. Please bear in mind that this is a part of the code that i had yet to visit so it might take a few days and it will be a test build that does not fix the issue, it only log framedrops on either eyes to verify if this is the case you encounter.
I'd be happy to test and to provide logfiles when a test build is out. Smile
Hi, I’ve used this fork for a while and it is really great. However I haven’t used the native 3D full frame rendering before and when I’ve tried to do it with the latest version on windows 11 it will output a 3D signal to my TV but display an over/under kodi output that only displays the primary eye on both the top and the bottom. Not sure how to fix, any help would be appreciated!
@udobroemme @rbmcgee please uninstall kodi and install this build: https://app.box.com/s/ip84kfl7rcfg9ele213ug56lp6mcv1h8

Enable debug log (settings->system->log->enable debug log), enable auto control 3d display & stereoscopic mode as either HW based or same as movie, restart kodi and attempt to play a 3d movie.

Now during the 3d movie play in the log there should be a bazilion lines which wrap some messages with "####" -> these are my additions which i placed at strategic places in hope to try and narrow the location where the 2nd eye is being skipped. I don't know if i was able to pick the correct spots but its a learning process of trial and error Huh
Installed the framedrop Kodi and here is the log when playing DMFM (about 30 seconds worth)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1op2EZ3s...sp=sharing

I did not look at the log because I don't speak log.
The first 30 seconds of A*P*E
https://paste.kodi.tv/ixexofufas.kodi
@rbmcgee your log show a lot of audio sync issues
@udobroemme you log show that the xgimi tv does not support 192kbps truehd so it uses directsound and downsample it

In both scenarios mfx is writing to both eyes and kodi sends both eyes to the display. Now for the interesting test. Please check again, but this time connect the display directly to the host running kodi and use waspi but disable audio passthrough. This will verify 3 things:
1) hdmi cable compatibility - must be 1.4b standard (notice the b) or above.
2) receiver (if you use one) compatibility
3) audio sync issues caused by audio processing overhead - by disabling passthrough the audio can be processed by kodi in a way to match the video FPS.
(2022-04-12, 20:06)damagedspline Wrote: In both scenarios mfx is writing to both eyes and kodi sends both eyes to the display.

1) The cable is fine and the htpc, the cable an also the beamer are HDMI 1.4b compliant (cross checked with a 3d bd player and a 3d tv)
2) "Xgimi TV" is my beamer and it's directy connected to my HTPC.
3) New logfile with WSASPI audio activated: https://paste.kodi.tv/iroyaxixod.kodi

I'm quite sure that cable and/or HDMI1.4b incompatibilities aren't the root cause of kodi not showing the left eye video with "HW output" enabled.
Btw, the osd is not affected. It's visible in both eye videos. But the video is right eye only.
projector plugged directly into htpc.
wsaspi enabled
passthrough disabled

log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D8pryhR...sp=sharing
(2022-04-12, 22:20)rbmcgee Wrote: projector plugged directly into htpc.
wsaspi enabled
passthrough disabled

log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D8pryhR...sp=sharing
Quote:2022-04-12 16:09:18.132 T:2440 DEBUG <general>: ActiveAE::SyncStream - average error 0.000000 below threshold of 30.000000
2022-04-12 16:09:18.132 T:2440 WARNING <general>: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -2364.884731
2022-04-12 16:09:18.132 T:2440 WARNING <general>: ActiveAE - large audio sync error: -2364.915231
This is so odd :/ I cant explain it...
I think it require a much more in depth debugging but since I dont have such system at my disposal I cant do that, I will need a few days to check the code and see where it can go wrong because from kodi side all looks good except for the audio. Maybe its not related to the audio after all and its something related to a missing DX flag.
Thinking of getting back into Windows 3D... what are some recommended pre-built mini PC's? Thanks.
[H]i-[d]eft [M]edia [K]een [V]ideosaurus
My HT
(2022-04-18, 22:57)hdmkv Wrote: Thinking of getting back into Windows 3D... what are some recommended pre-built mini PC's? Thanks.

I actually found that it works best on my 11th gen core i5 laptop when i connect it to my projector.
Other than that I have a Celeron based Gigabyte brix mini PC - it works with slight crosstalk.
I assume anything integrated graphics supporting Intel® InTru™ 3D Technology should work right? On Intel's site, the newer h/w don't even have a yes/no row for this. For example, Intel® UHD Graphics 600. Assume 3D isn't supported for these.
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0