• 16(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Your MVC builds are awesome, I'd be happy to support and test.
Hi
Hello Sound familiar?
At the launch .mkv in 3d ,
The movie gets stuck on the first frame, I skip 30 seconds and it starts....
But :
The sound is jerky.
The solution is to disable and re-enable passthtrough.
Then it's perfect
2D is always ok.
Some suggests ?
(Windows 10 / Kodi last v19.4 mvc)
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
Skin Titan Mod | Link: Color themes for Titan Mod | Link: Littles mods
For Intel Nuc : Kit Mpc-HC/BE : Config External player with 3D and Pathrought
(2022-09-14, 09:29)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi
Hello Sound familiar?
But :
The sound is jerky.
Then it's perfect
2D is always ok.
Some suggests ?
Regards

Does this issue also reproduce with this clip: from kodi samples wiki
(2022-09-14, 22:03)damagedspline Wrote:
(2022-09-14, 09:29)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi
Hello Sound familiar?
But :
The sound is jerky.
Then it's perfect
2D is always ok.
Some suggests ?
Regards

Does this issue also reproduce with this clip: from kodi samples wiki
Hi
I was able to do some tests.
This also happens with this file. (Where does this film come from?)
But that's because I had set by default: ask instead of preferred mode. (3D options)
But that didn't do it in the previous version.
Thank you
Regards
Windows 10 + MariaDB base + Matrix | Kodi Build for intel Kodi-Native 3D MVC Playback (as possible)
(2022-09-21, 10:17)Aphykit2006 Wrote: Hi
I was able to do some tests.
This also happens with this file. (Where does this film come from?)
But that's because I had set by default: ask instead of preferred mode. (3D options)
But that didn't do it in the previous version.
Thank you
Regards
There are quite a few 3D sample files in kodi's wiki. It's one of them.
So the issue does not reproduce when choosing preferred?

There are quite a few issues in kodi v19's directx wrapper which is used for rendering that might have caused the one-eye rendering issue. In v20 they have made some changes to this wrapper, but I can't say for sure if it fix this issue. I am waiting for the next alpha/beta/rc to sync to so I can upload an installer here.
@damagedspline 
Hi
Yes,  the issue does not reproduce when choosing preferred.
I had set Ask by default, because my family does'nt like 3D.
Not really a problem.
Many thanks for you'r hard work.
V20 : i'm not ready.
Regards.
(2022-10-10, 08:49)Aphykit2006 Wrote: @damagedspline 
Yes,  the issue does not reproduce when choosing preferred.
I had set Ask by default, because my family does'nt like 3D.

Yeah, figured as much... Sad
Kodi is forcing DirectX behavior differently that way.
When you click play, kodi cache a few frames, but since it is in ask mode it does not attempt to read/prepare the 2nd eye from the file so by the time you choose the stereo option in ask mode the cache is only filled with only 1 eye frames, and it loose the sync between the eyes so it can't present the newly read 2nd eye frames.
I will go over the code again and see if I have enough state information to identify such scenarios and fix it somehow.
You are a King.
Regards
(2022-08-10, 20:48)damagedspline Wrote: Hi everyone, I plan to make a test build once the official Kodi v20 Beta1 will be released and I will need extra hands in testing it (MVC features only). Who will be willing to assist in testing it?

What to expect MVC patch for v20:
  • Everything in v19.4 MVC build1
  • Updated codebase + API changes
  • 3D bluray menu support, including the stills fix
I am back on an Intel system and your test v20 build already works great. So yes I can test too.
I'm keeping a casual eye here to see how 3D continues with Kodi. On an Intel system that works with 18.1 how is this new version comparable? Working flawlessly? Testing isn't always easy right now but trying to keep up to date myself.
(2022-10-13, 12:51)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I'm keeping a casual eye here to see how 3D continues with Kodi. On an Intel system that works with 18.1 how is this new version comparable? Working flawlessly? Testing isn't always easy right now but trying to keep up to date myself.

It's working fine for me... Some encounter one eye blackend issue (mostly AMD).
New builds have the same requirements as the old - code is synced to latest kodi releases.
(2022-10-12, 19:21)Morpog Wrote: I am back on an Intel system and your test v20 build already works great. So yes I can test too.

v20 Alpha3 MVC build -Available here

This build seems to have fixed the issue described by @Aphykit2006 few posts back - can you please assist in double check?

Among the goodies of this build - bluray MVC disc menu playbackand evrything (including bugs) of v20 Alpha3.
@damagedspline 
I tried with ask and prefered setting and both worked fine!
If color management is enabled, I only get a black screen in the movie (menu show correct). Maybe good to tell others to disable it if they have black movie.
MFX level seems to end at 35, my driver MFX level is 36. Not really a problem.

I couldn't test Blu-ray Menus at all, as Kodi tells it doesn't detect a Java Installation. I have Oracle Java 8 JRE latest update installed though.

If 3D gets enabled by Kodi and I don't set that after the movie ends it should end 3D and after that I close Kodi, then I got a black screen on Desktop. Had to log in with RDP and restart the machine.

Everything else is working fine!
Trying some testing on the V20a3 version, having issues.

Still ona Windows 10 Intel i3-4150 8GB RAM system. Still using the older Windows 10.0.17763 version as was required for MVC 3D for the 18.1 fork,

Did a new install of this Kodi 20 MVC fork, imported some MVC 3D movies and tested with Ready Player One. 3D worked fine as did audio passthrough for about 8 minutes and then Kodi crashed. Checked the log and saw a familiar error ActiveAE Large Audio Sync.

Checked back on this board for previous solutions and saw I had to re-install the Intel driver before and that got things working again. Followed those old directions and reboots Windows. Went into the Display settings and 3D mode was selectable. Selected it and went into Kodi to re-test the same movie. Video plays, Kodi OSD goes into 3D but the video is flat. Exit the movie and Kodi and check Windows display options. 3D mode is now gone. Quite everything, re-start Windows, follow the above process and once again movie plays with passthrough audio but no 3D video. Quit Kodi and 3D mode in display settings is gone.

No idea what is going on now. I don't recall encountering this issue previously. 

Can this new version of Kodi-MVC run on more recent Intel drivers and Windows 10 versions? What else may I be missing here?
I also tried your new build (Alder Lake Pentium, 21H2, latest Intel drivers). Playback of MVC content works perfectly with hardware output. I'm having a few issues with some BD menus. 3D menus are displayed correctly. But when I start the film, the display switches to hw accelerated 3D but shows only a 2D image. Is it maybe one of the mentioned menu related bugs? Smile.
  • 16(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0