• 4(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
Thank you I am aware of these
I was asking if anyone tried and manage to play these on Xbox one s?
I played them all, some didn't work and some did, the ones that did showed the file sbs or over under but none made the Xbox make the output as 3d for the projector Undecided
I have been trying to install the latest fork build but the install keeps having errors installing icon.png files. It's almost making Norton go crazy, even though I disabled Norton? I tried to re-download the latest build from the link in the OP but the download fails due to a network error. What am I doing wrong??

I want to test the 3D performance as well as the new version of CinemaVision but this install isn't going well.

To force the installation I had to "ignore" around a hundred failures to install image files. I've even tried different versions of the folk, all with the same results.
OK I did a full uninstall of Kodi and the re-installed the 18.1 MVC fork and things worked ok. Did a full uninstall of that and reinstalled the 19.3.2. Install went properly, no erroors on every image file.

Went to test. Followed the setup instructions in this thread. MVC 3D seems to work fine. No issues with audio passthrough either.

HSBS and HTAB do not work. The screen goes blank as the projector changes over but stays blank. If I window Kodi (\)  The screen comes back showing the HSBS or HTAB "normal" image. Stopping the video playback the projector kicks out of 3D mode but the screen goes blank and stays blank.

Trying to test running CinemaVision and CV won't launch from the movie info screen or context menus. For 2D or 3D . That is a whole other kettle of fish.

Any ides why HSBS and HTAB are not working? I'm not sure I have any other files types to test with but my entire CV 3D sequence used HSBS videos, trailers etc. This was all working at one point with Kodi 17 and CV before.
I can report that my issue has been fixed, it was the problem with the projector settings -  it was the Auto HV keystone and 4 corner adjustment which should be turned off / disabled to enable 3d.
Tried to do more testing, installation failed again giving the same errors through Norton on every image file that attempted to be installed. Re-downloaded directly from theOp in this thread, still failed. Either something is wrong with this fork like or something keeps tripping Norton, despite turning off Norton as best as I can tell. Went back  to 18.1 and will test CV with 3D again and see what happens.

And now back in 18.1 CV just completely fails. I have no clue what it going on anymore. Very frustrating.
I understand it's been the holidays but has everyone who's been working on this new fork gone to Mexico go a month?

Did more testing, Complete uninstall of Kodi 18.1 MVC Fork, rebooted Windows, installed 19.3 MVC fork. Install actually worked fine. Kodi crashed upon starting. Killed my prior testing Kodi userdata directory and restarted Kodi and it worked. Set up everything again, tried testing MVC 3D, no 3D. Checked Windows settings and there's no option for enabling windows 3D mode. Quit everything and rebooted, Windows 3D mode option came back, turned it on, ran Kodi, played MVC 3D and got 3D. Played HSBS and got a black screen that stayed black when stopping video playback and image didn't return till I windowed/full screened Kodi.

This entire process is exhausting as none of it seems to be working. Aside from building a virtual machine with a newer version of Windows 10 to then see if that gets things working.

Reverted back to Kodi 18.1 MVC fork, which used to work prior to the SSD blowing up back in the spring. MVC still crashes at some point during playback. Doesn't matter what the audio stream is (Atmos, dst:X, dtsHD-MA).

Large Audio Sync Error is all I get from a log, though I've not done a full debugging log. Can't seem to find any real info about such an error anywhere. Frustrated. Annoyed. Still searching for answers. 

Went back to another Windows 10 machine that seems to play 3D MVC fine. But doesn't work with CinemaVision in 3D. So still stuck wondering where the issue is and CV skipped Leia and jumped to Matrix which then in testing still wasn't working correctly for me. Been working with Kodi for 8 years, specifically for media library with full MVC 3D playback and the movie theater type experience. Both seem to no longer function.
(2022-01-05, 09:48)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I understand it's been the holidays but has everyone who's been working on this new fork gone to Mexico go a month?

Did more testing, Complete uninstall of Kodi 18.1 MVC Fork, rebooted Windows, installed 19.3 MVC fork. Install actually worked fine. Kodi crashed upon starting. Killed my prior testing Kodi userdata directory and restarted Kodi and it worked. Set up everything again, tried testing MVC 3D, no 3D. Checked Windows settings and there's no option for enabling windows 3D mode. Quit everything and rebooted, Windows 3D mode option came back, turned it on, ran Kodi, played MVC 3D and got 3D. Played HSBS and got a black screen that stayed black when stopping video playback and image didn't return till I windowed/full screened Kodi.

This entire process is exhausting as none of it seems to be working. Aside from building a virtual machine with a newer version of Windows 10 to then see if that gets things working.

Reverted back to Kodi 18.1 MVC fork, which used to work prior to the SSD blowing up back in the spring. MVC still crashes at some point during playback. Doesn't matter what the audio stream is (Atmos, dst:X, dtsHD-MA).

Large Audio Sync Error is all I get from a log, though I've not done a full debugging log. Can't seem to find any real info about such an error anywhere. Frustrated. Annoyed. Still searching for answers. 

Went back to another Windows 10 machine that seems to play 3D MVC fine. But doesn't work with CinemaVision in 3D. So still stuck wondering where the issue is and CV skipped Leia and jumped to Matrix which then in testing still wasn't working correctly for me. Been working with Kodi for 8 years, specifically for media library with full MVC 3D playback and the movie theater type experience. Both seem to no longer function.

I am working on this fork on my free time, and lately I dont have much of it due to changes at my workplace.

I did not encounter any of the issues you listed above, except something new to v19.3 which also reproduce on the mainline v19.3 release in which when I launch kodi the reciever will not respond to audio passthrough until I manually disable&re-enable passthrough in the kodi settings. Sometimes its even not enough and requires hard power off for the receiver to make it work again.

Can you please share a screenshot of the Norron AV error you get? This might need to be propogated to the kodi dev team because the MVC patch does not make any changes to image files...
Hello,
I've been able to run Kodi 19.2 with mvc on a old Asus Vivo PC with i3 and Intel HD Graphics 4000, but an issue is still there:
when playing 3D movies as 2D, sooner or later the audio goes out of sync. This happens only with 3D movies played in 2D, 2D movies and 3D movies played in 3D are fine.
I've tried small workarounds like hitting the "go backward" button or adjusting with the audio delay controller, but they are unreliable and this totally ruins the fun.
At the moment my only way to reproduce 3D movies in 2D without this problem is using a different media player, like VLC.
This problem exists for me at least since Kodi 18 mvc release but I've never dug into it so I was thinking it was a specific movie problem.
During these holidays I've spent some time trying to fix it, (updating drivers, OS and changing Kodi-mvc versions too) to no avail.
Have you any idea what's going on and how to solve it? Thanks in advance
(2022-01-06, 08:41)damagedspline Wrote:
(2022-01-05, 09:48)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I understand it's been the holidays but has everyone who's been working on this new fork gone to Mexico go a month?

I am working on this fork on my free time, and lately I dont have much of it due to changes at my workplace.

I did not encounter any of the issues you listed above, except something new to v19.3 which also reproduce on the mainline v19.3 release in which when I launch kodi the reciever will not respond to audio passthrough until I manually disable&re-enable passthrough in the kodi settings. Sometimes its even not enough and requires hard power off for the receiver to make it work again.

Can you please share a screenshot of the Norron AV error you get? This might need to be propogated to the kodi dev team because the MVC patch does not make any changes to image files...

I am not sure what you are asking for here.

And I didn't mean to harp on those who are working on this fork, just seemed odd that there's not been anyone in this thread for a bit.

I'm at the point now of trying to clone the working HTPC Windows set-up with Kodi 18.1, copying it to this other machine and trying to switch all the user information, and going with that even if CV doesn't work. If Kodi and Windows and everything else keeps making things worse for MVC 3D going forward I might just have to go back to Jarvis as I believe that is the last time MVC 3D and CV all worked fairly nicely. That kills a lot of Kodi usability though, at least on that one system.
(2022-01-06, 13:58)K0D1User1138 Wrote: I am not sure what you are asking for here.

And I didn't mean to harp on those who are working on this fork, just seemed odd that there's not been anyone in this thread for a bit.

I'm at the point now of trying to clone the working HTPC Windows set-up with Kodi 18.1, copying it to this other machine and trying to switch all the user information, and going with that even if CV doesn't work. If Kodi and Windows and everything else keeps making things worse for MVC 3D going forward I might just have to go back to Jarvis as I believe that is the last time MVC 3D and CV all worked fairly nicely. That kills a lot of Kodi usability though, at least on that one system.

I meant that you send the AntiVirus error you got on the kodi installation...

Anyway, I am still working on the broken rendering issue with the 3D on some systems.
I can switch to the audio sync issue as more people complaining on it than on the rendering issue. Anyone that encountered audio sync issues, please send me kodi logs.
Again, i am working on it on my spare time, so i cant commit when it will be fixed.
The Norton error was noted before. It's trying to install every image file and Norton kicks it back as something fishy and you have to skip. For every image file Kodi tries to install. But that did not occur on my last test.

What did happen was no HSBS 3D, or video of any kind for those files.

My Large Audio Sync issue is with the Kodi 19.1 MVC fork. It happens during playback of any MVC 3D MKV I've been able to test. Kodi just crashes. No idea what audio issue there might be with 19.3 as I've not played around with it long enough due to the other issues I have noted.
(2022-01-07, 06:39)K0D1User1138 Wrote: What did happen was no HSBS 3D, or video of any kind for those files.

My Large Audio Sync issue is with the Kodi 19.1 MVC fork. It happens during playback of any MVC 3D MKV I've been able to test. Kodi just crashes. No idea what audio issue there might be with 19.3 as I've not played around with it long enough due to the other issues I have noted.

I will only be able to look on the HSBS 3D issue on Monday night...

About the audio part it is a little bit more complex due to ongoing changes in kodi mainline regarding to audio, but if it is specifjc to 3D MVC it might give me a lead.
Just to reiterate, the HSBS issue is with this 19.3 MVC fork. I've not tested at length the audio issue I've experienced. That occurs in 18.1. I was going to test 19.3 for audio tonight but plans have changed.
(2022-01-08, 02:34)K0D1User1138 Wrote: Just to reiterate, the HSBS issue is with this 19.3 MVC fork. I've not tested at length the audio issue I've experienced. That occurs in 18.1. I was going to test 19.3 for audio tonight but plans have changed.

OK.
When you encounter the audio sync issues when starting the movie/clip from start (00:00:00), can you please click on the chapter back button in the player to see if it resolves the sync issue?
I have a hunch which also relate to the 3D rendering issue - I think that the audio sync issue might be caused by bad buffering which is caused by the kodi play start works. I just want to be verify if it is the case...
I think you are trying to fix an issue I'm not experiencing, at least not as you perceive it. I don't have an audio sync issue when video is playing back. The issue is with the older Kodi 18.1 MVC fork. Upon 3D MVC playback Kodi will crash. The Kodi log will show as a final entry "ActiveAE - Large Audio Sync Error".

I've been going back through the previous Kodi MVC thread and realized I've experienced this issue before and it may be related to the Intel driver. I will be attempting a "fix" that appeared to work for me in the past.

My issue with this current Kodi 19.3 MVC fork is that there is no video playback on HSBS MKV files. The screen goes black, and stays black even after ending the video playback, I have to window (\) then fullscreen Kodi to get the display back. I have not experimented enough with Kodi 19.3 MVC fork to discover any specific audio issues.

I do appreciate the time you are taking to look into matters. I don't want you to be chasing your tail on something that isn't necessarily an issue. At least for myself, yet.

Just adding to the above. Reinstalled the Intel graphic driver noted in this post and so far so good on 18.1 MVC fork. Will finish a movie through and then try installing and testing 19.3.
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0