• 19(current)
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback
(2022-11-09, 19:45)robl45 Wrote: So only the build you linked will do 3D, the main 20 nexus build says they put in a fix for 3D MVC.

Mainline builds support 3D on some Raspberry pies and some SOC based media streamers. If you want 3D in Windows you need the builds here.

Guessing you are new to non-mainline/beta builds so please backup your Kodi library/settings first if you care about whatever Kodi is installed currently on that laptop currently.
No just thought there was a change.  I'm game to try it, but if its still always going to be hoping they update the main build, I might still try to keep systems separate.  The MVC build has never worked for me, always needed to use the DSplayer build, but I'll try the alpha and see.
Might try this later, but probably won't work,  so a 12th gen with HDMI should work then?  I'm just trying to figure out all options.  I'd rather have one system that can play both if possible and if that means I need a 12th gen, I'll get it.
Just a few comments for all of the past 10 posts:
1) this fork cannot be merged back to mainline kodi releases as it use Intel Media SDK APIs which cannot be guaranteed to work well on other vendors - it would have been best if ffmpeg and directx would have done everything out of the box - but they don't, hence usage of the 3rd party library from intel.
1.1) I am not sure that raspberry pi / orange pi /etc. can decode packed full frame 3d movies... (which are not HTAB or SBS) - if they can, I did any traces of such support in the common code.
2) I can only test this build on the PCs that I have at my disposal - 10th Gen msi laptop and a celeron minipc from gigabyte, So I can't comment on Gen 12 nucs.
3) so far I was not able to find a minipc that support both hdr and 3d from the same hdmi port
https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-nexus-alpha-3/

At the bottom it says fix for 3D MVC.  That would imply to me that it would work, but obviously you are explaining it needs other things.  Maybe they are confused about that does.

Hopefully someone can comment if 12th gen can do both.  Probably be easier to just get 2 different machines as I was planning and just run one with one Kodi and one with the other, but I'd ideally rather not by old hardware if I can help it.  I at least definitely know Asus 10th gen laptops will do 3D.
Tried new version. It worked never worked before so that is pretty cool
(2022-11-10, 00:02)robl45 Wrote: https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-nexus-alpha-3/

At the bottom it says fix for 3D MVC.  That would imply to me that it would work, but obviously you are explaining it needs other things.  Maybe they are confused about that does.

Hopefully someone can comment if 12th gen can do both.  Probably be easier to just get 2 different machines as I was planning and just run one with one Kodi and one with the other, but I'd ideally rather not by old hardware if I can help it.  I at least definitely know Asus 10th gen laptops will do 3D.

The fix that was done was for frame timestamps and was done in the shared code for all platforms that use ffmpeg. It caused frame sync issues which only affect stereoscopic clips.

Also: MVC support is not considered upstream...
FYI, I am currently working on a proof-of-concept of eliminating the usage of Intel's libmfx, the good news is that it will allow this fork to properly run on any x64 host with any GPU that supports 3D stereoscopic output and might allow the very slim chance of merging this fork's changes to Kodi's official releases as it will be able to be considered generic windows x64. Bad news, if might slightly affect performance (cant tell by how much) and might take a few months of nightly work.
Sounding awesome! Would be perfect having it upstream.
If it takes alot longer than V20 release, will we get a "native" Intel MVC release as well from you?
(2022-11-27, 14:44)Morpog Wrote: If it takes alot longer than V20 release, will we get a "native" Intel MVC release as well from you?

yes, i intend to patch up the final v20 once it comes out.
all of the non-mfx development is done in a separated branch, so i can juggle between v20 with the regular MVC patch and the non-MFX patch.

the current status of the non-mfx build is that MKV 3d stereo is working while bluray iso 3d is broken. the reason for that is that the libluray (the library which kodi uses to decode and read ISO BD) does not have support for SSIF files (merged 3d stereo clips), so kodi ffpmeg's wrapper needs to be thought how to dynamically merge 2 video stream clips on a frame by frame basis and that is a very difficult task to implement.
Hi, 

i really appreciate what you doing. Great work. Is there also a non libmfx build to test? 

Kind regards
(2022-11-30, 09:52)slippen Wrote: Hi, 

i really appreciate what you doing. Great work. Is there also a non libmfx build to test? 

Kind regards

I usually build the code and test without building an installation or installing - so not yet.
Hi All,

Have spent about 5 hrs trying to find a combo that works for me, unfortunately, no such luck!

1. Lenovo T14 Notebook

- Core i7-10510U
- Frame packed 3D works great on my BenQ W1070 but during the HDMI handshake the AVR audio device disappears and doesn't come back so it plays audio through the laptop.

2. Dell Optiplex Micro

- Core i5-7500T
- 3D and Audio work but I have the left eye not rendering bug, latest Intel drivers.

3. Custom PC

- Core i5-7600K + GTX1070
- Not sure why I tried this, no NVIDIA support obviously.. so no 3D at all.

4. Raspberry Pi Zero W

- 3D and Audio work great, storage too slow for the Bluray ISO so if pauses frequently..

5. Lenovo T460p

- Core i5-6440HQ
- 3D and Audio work but I have the left eye not rendering bug, latest Intel drivers.

Any tips on possibly fixing the left eye bug?!

Thanks!
(2022-12-08, 16:39)XeKToReX Wrote: Hi All,

Have spent about 5 hrs trying to find a combo that works for me, unfortunately, no such luck!

1. Lenovo T14 Notebook

- Core i7-10510U
- Frame packed 3D works great on my BenQ W1070 but during the HDMI handshake the AVR audio device disappears and doesn't come back so it plays audio through the laptop.

2. Dell Optiplex Micro

- Core i5-7500T

3. Custom PC

- Core i5-7600K + GTX1070
- Not sure why I tried this, no NVIDIA support obviously.. so no 3D at all.

4. Raspberry Pi Zero W

- 3D and Audio work great, storage too slow for the Bluray ISO so if pauses frequently..

5. Lenovo T460p

- Core i5-6440HQ

Any tips on possibly fixing the left eye bug?!

Thanks!

I'll only relate to #1, #2 & #5.

try with the ISO MVC and MKV MVC samples from https://kodi.wiki/view/Samples#3D_Test_Clips before trying to play anything else to rule out bad formatted clips.
also try to change the "Kodi Settings->Player->Video->lock fps" and lower the "Kodi Settings->Player->Video->MFX level" to 10 or 18.
Make sure MVC mode is enabled under "Kodi Settings->Player->Video".
Make sure you enable auto control 3D under "KodiSettings->System->Video"
Make sure you use passthrough audio and enable everything supported under "KodiSettings->System->Audio"
Make sure you set perferred stereoscopic mode to HW based under "KodiSettings->System->Video"
Does anyone know where the A/B list of recommended 3D movies went? There used to be one on this forum, I think a link in the OP, but I can't find it anymore. The list also called out left/right eye first titles.

Thank you
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Win][v19+] Intel HTPCs/NUCs & Kodi-native 3D MVC Playback0